Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New to the forum but worried about symptoms I am having. Anyone have this simil  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety my friend.  I'm having jolts too as I type this just like you're describing, and of course I've been worrying about them too.  The jolts are about 6 inches above my ankle area.. 

Think of how powerful anxiety is like this..  When you're in fight or flight - you can totally physically feel it..  Butterflies and sweat and that nervous feeling..  Right now we're in fight or flight - but we are blaming the symptoms on something completely irrational such as illness and whatnot.  We're full of extreme amounts of energy in way of anxiety.  Lots of tingling, sweating, shakiness, cramps, etc...

Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Yea anxiety sure could be the culprit.  It just sucks that I was fine until may 16 th when my arm went numb.  I then had a throbbing pulsating pain in my arm, and Palm of my hand. The. It went to the next hand or arm.  Heck today  getting shocks in my testicle( not to be gross or rude).  And it hurts but it's like a sec and gone. Big I did ms would all these symptoms have come on in about a month?  Would my hands and arms have recovered within 2 to 3 weeks?   I'm so confused and tired.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Well, good question about why would arms recover and then legs get shocks, or testicle in your case (btw I thought of Napoleon dynamite and the time machine ;))..  But, think of this.. Don't we always have some kind of health worry right?  And once we 'recover' from something which was never a real issue, we find something else wrong with ourselves which turns out to be nothing wrong in the first place.  So your arm was numb and painful which could have been simply sleeping wrong or lifting something wrong.. And it recovers.. And naturally types like us must find a new symptom to focus on. 

I'll go TMI here too - I had muscle cramps under my belt line which I though could have been appendix, but then it spread to both sides, and while feeling around I got convinced my testicles were also cramping...  Then of course tugging on them made it worse.  I stopped eating sriracha and nachos for a day and left my testies alone and today I feel great.  Was probably IBS. 

Let your arm feel better, let your leg feel better, and instead of finding another thing wrong lets you and just take 5 deep breaths every time we have a new symptom, visit to site, and reaffirm that we're not alone in all this..  Then listen to some music and get out and take a little walk or water the plants or something.. 

I don't know it all, really.  Not trying to sound preachy..  I'm in therapy so I'm actually trying to just share some of this tags I'm learning which are helping me...

And one more thing - trust your body to keep you healthy.  Your body is once seriously complex and smart and powerful machine.. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Getting a dull like ache inn the elbow as I'm working. It kind of hurts when moving my arms and similar to how my " carpel tunnel" symptoms came on before my whole arm went numb and tingly.   I'm definitely scared this can't be anxiety.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I am also dealing with hands numbness/tingling right now.... also tingling in my feet... pain in my arms, sciatica pain in my leg.... I don't know what's going on. Blood work is ok, except low iron, which I did iron infusions for it. I saw a chiropractor many times who told it's coming from my neck.... but going to the chiro is getting too expensive. I am trying now the egoscue method, google pain free book. I hope it helps. Good luck!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have a burning like prickly sensation in both arms and shins.   Does anxiety cause that?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
The more you try to do a checklist inventory of your body, the more symptoms you are going to find to distress you. You have had these sorts of pains all your life, but your brain isn't remembering those right now because you weren't worried about MS before so you wrote them off easily and thought nothing of them. Now every single thing that seems wrong feels like confirmation of your fears. Your doctor is right about how MS works. You have to trust him more than your Googling capabilities.

When I get pain in my arms and hands such as you describe, I find that it is always because I have tension in my chest and shoulders. If you want to be vigilant about checking your body, be vigilant about keeping those muscles relaxed. If they get tense, take a hot bath or get a massage or whatever you find helps you to relax. Look into progressive relaxation and relaxation breathing; those are very helpful.

And yes, all that tingling and pain is caused by your nervous system getting overrun with anxiety. Your brain is overloading your nervous system right now because you are so anxious and tense. Put on some calming music, breathe deeply and slowly and imagine each muscle group being relaxed, starting with your head and working slowly to your feet. You are having an anxiety attack, which can feel like you're going to die but trust me when I say that you aren't.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
IDk I mean I didn't think I was tense.  I was also at work so I couldn't put music on or do anything but ring customers up.  A nurse practitioner said I don't seem anxious and said it might be something with my spine, which really scares me as MS is a main culprit to attack the spine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I never think I'm tense until I get the physical symptoms. If it weren't for these physical symptoms then I would not even know I had anxiety at all. Sometimes you can't do music or whatever, but you can usually at least do some simple breathing technique and progressive relaxation of your muscles. Just taking three slow, deep breaths and letting your shoulders drop a bit each time can do a lot of good. I'm no nurse, but you seem pretty anxious to me about this at least. I never knew I had so much tension in my chest and shoulders until a massage therapist worked on me and I could feel it. Afterwards the pain in my hands and arms literally disappeared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rckstr1253

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I never think I'm tense until I get the physical symptoms. If it weren't for these physical symptoms then I would not even know I had anxiety at all. Sometimes you can't do music or whatever, but you can usually at least do some simple breathing technique and progressive relaxation of your muscles. Just taking three slow, deep breaths and letting your shoulders drop a bit each time can do a lot of good. I'm no nurse, but you seem pretty anxious to me about this at least. I never knew I had so much tension in my chest and shoulders until a massage therapist worked on me and I could feel it. Afterwards the pain in my hands and arms literally disappeared.

It's funny you brought that up, I went to a massage therapist last friday and she couldn't believe how many knots I had in my arms right near the elbows.  The muscles were so tense and hurt and as she worked on them they hurt but after I felt like a million dollars.  She told me she couldn't diagnose anything as she isn't a doctor but she felt like I had signs of thoracic outlet syndrome.  I don't know what to think at this point.  Am I always going to have a sensitivity to cold ac then?
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything