Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Stabbing pain in same spot of head  (Read 203 times)

Offline spongecake

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stabbing pain in same spot of head
« on: June 25, 2014, 02:45:47 PM »
Here's an issue I've had for a while... Keeps coming pretty regularly, like maybe once every two days or so. It's a sharp stabbing pain in a very specific spot in my head. Always the same spot, on the right side at the upper back side of my head, a consistant piercing pain that lasts for hours. I can't tell whether its inside my head or on it, but whenever I have it I feel the compulsion to scratch that spot, which KIND of seems to relieve it, but it's hard to say... If I don't touch it though the pain intensifies and begins to burn. It's horribly distracting. I don't think it's a skin problem but I couldn't say.

If anyone else has experienced this or knows what it might be, I'd really appreciate hearing about it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stabbing pain in same spot of head
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 03:05:14 PM »
When you push on the spot, does it generate any pain? I ask this because I had an infection on my scalp once and had a headache for weeks and couldn't figure it out... until i pressed on the spot on my skull. Then i felt the pain shoot into my head and i knew it was something to get checked out. When I did get it checked out, it was a mild scalp infection that was easily treated at home with antibiotics. :)

If you don't have a fever that means that you're not bad off... but whether the spot is tender or not, I would get this checked by your doctor or at least make them aware of it so you can get an appointment in the next week.  Headaches are no fun. :)
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline AbeLinkedIn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 03:40:22 PM »
This happened to me a while back. They call it an icepick headache since the pain is sharp/shooting and in a very specific spot, not to mention short-lived (Anywhere from a few seconds to a minute). At any rate, it's benign for the most part, but have you had any migraines?
Bookmark and Share

Offline spongecake

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 03:52:12 PM »
PandaNinja: If i press on it, there's no extra pain. Scratching it though or pulling the hair at that part alters the pain though.

AbeLinkedIn: No migraines. I did think it might be an icepick headache, apart from this isn't lasting minutes, it's hours of uninterrupted pain...
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 03:58:17 PM »
Yeah, if you don't have a fever i'd say no immediate cause for concern, but get  your doctor to look at it in the next week. Headaches suck.  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Tags: