Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New Person Here - Having some terrible anxiety today!  (Read 94 times)

Offline crushinator8

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New Person Here - Having some terrible anxiety today!
« on: June 25, 2014, 01:53:30 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm a woman in my late 20's who was diagnosed with PTSD about a year and a half ago.  I have been having extremely bad anxiety for about a week now, which was when I reduced the amount of Trazodone that I take nightly from 100mg to 50mg.  So I am assuming that's what's going on here.  But it feels so unmanageable at the moment.  I'm at work, trying to be a productive member of the team, and this entire week has been so hard and I'm afraid that it won't alleviate.  Lump in my throat, sweaty palms, literally been on the verge of crying for the past several hours.  My GP recently became unavailable as he went to work for a very small private facility and it's hard to be going through this without a doctor I can trust, or that can confirm that I will feel better with time.  I did consult with him before he left about stepping down off of the trazodone and he didn't seem to think it would be much of a problem.

I found this website and joined today for a couple of reasons:

1) I'm scared.  I'm scared that I'm so anxious, that I can't control it, that I feel so out of it, that I haven't been sleeping well.  Even though I am aware that this feeling is probably being caused by the trazodone withdrawal, I'm scared that it won't alleviate anytime soon.

2) I would love to meet some people who understand what extreme anxiety feels like; it would be nice to have a support system.  It's nice to know, not that people have anxiety, but that it's not just me, and I'm not dying. 

3) Today I've been having random moments of extreme panic where I immediately think, "I should just go to the hospital."  That is expensive and probably won't result in much more than an Rx and advice to be patient.  I thought I'd try here first.

Apologies for this being so long but I appreciate your taking the time to read it.  I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, and being a part of this support network.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: New Person Here - Having some terrible anxiety today!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 04:38:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline crushinator8

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 06:09:14 PM »
Thanks for the welcome and information, I'll be sure to introduce myself in the proper forum. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gracers

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 09:12:25 PM »
Hi crushinator8,
This is my first time to this website. I've been on different medication since I was 13.  I've had a hard day today too, haven't really been able to leave my apartment.  Especially lately I've been wondering how my medication may be affecting me. I'm prescribed Lexapro amongst multiple other meds, but haven't been taking it because I'm concerned it may be making me feel sick to my stomach and tired, which I generally feel anyways so I don't want to do anything to make it worse.  I've been to many many different psychologists and psychiatrists in an attempt to find the right ones, and I would encourage you to consider doing the same.  Between insurance and cost it is difficult, but I stuck with the same psychiatrist for years until I just got tired of feeling like they weren't really listening to me or trying to figure out the root of my problems.  I was told recently I have been suffering from PTSD also, and have increasingly felt like that is probably the case and a huge reason for my constant fear of social interaction.  It has taken almost ten years now for me to find doctors that I actually feel are invested in working with me and not just looking for a paycheck or are just jaded and don't take individual interest.  I'd also say, if you are feeling really scared that the change in medication is seriously affecting your life negatively, get back on the same dose until you can talk to a doctor about either transitioning to another medication or getting off it slower.  I hope this helped even just a little, I feel your pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 12:16:35 AM »

I glad you are joining us, I was on Trazodone a while back, and it was actually very good - especially allowing me to sleep at night. :yawn:

Is there a reason you reducing your Trazodone?  Just curious, was it working for you?

Welcome to the forum, you will find great people on this site that can empathize with you  :action-smiley-065:

Again, you are in the right place  :happy0151:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline crushinator8

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 07:21:22 PM »
Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

I ended up going to see my GP on Thursday.  He's so sweet, he gave me complete physical and even gave me a strep test to confirm that I'm not sick with anything.  I made him say it a couple of times so it would sink in.  He suggested the same, that I go back on the 100mg until I can see a psychiatrist.  I found one I like and am going to call her this week to make an appointment; I'm lucky that I was able to talk to my family and they're going to help with the initial visit cost.

So I started taking the 100mg again Thursday night, and also have some clonazepam the GP gave me.  I feel a lot calmer than I had been and no more hot flashes or weird sweats.  My throat still feels like I have a lump in it, but I keep trying to remember that the doctor said I look fine and that it's probably just my muscles from my shoulders and jaw being tensed up. 

I'm frustrated because I still feel foggy headed.  I would give anything - I swear I would chop off a finger - to wake up tomorrow morning and feel clear headed.  The brain fog bothers me a lot, when reality seems like I'm watching it as a movie, and I don't feel really present. 

I'm so happy to have found this place and really, really am appreciative and happy to have found some people to talk to.  Thanks guys!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: