Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lexapro and water retention  (Read 383 times)

Offline Snoopy10

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lexapro and water retention
« on: June 25, 2014, 12:01:31 PM »
Has anyone experienced water retention with Lexapro?  I have been having a MAJOR problem with water retention (especially if I don't eat like an angel, fly, or if I drink alcohol or too much coffee).  I have also gained weight since taking antidepressants but I think that is due to the fact that I don't obsesses over my weight anymore.  I'd like to lose it but more importantly, I would love to address the water retention because that just makes me feel fatter and my face looks like a balloon.  I spoke to a doctor about it and he said to stay away from salty foods and alcohol (I try) but it keeps getting worse and worse.  I just increased to 15mg, that was like living in the Sahara dessert (I felt like water went in but it never absorbed into my system and I just retained it - my dry mouth was horrible), and now I am weaning down to 5mg to see if that can get me to a better side effect/benefit profile.

I would love to know that this is the reason because if its not, I have a long list of other disorders I could have from surfing the Internet - gotta love health anxiety :-) luckily I don't have all the symptoms of something like thyroid disorder so I am pretty sure its the meds.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Insights, have you heard this reported?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 135
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lexapro and water retention
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 06:01:28 PM »
Has anyone experienced water retention with Lexapro?

This is one I haven't come across before, but with antidepressants anything is possible so it could be the Lexapro.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: