Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Has anyone had no reaction to klonopin?  (Read 581 times)

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Has anyone had no reaction to klonopin?
« on: June 24, 2014, 11:05:00 PM »

I'm on day 5 of Klonopin, 1 mg.  It's not that I have no reaction, but it seems more subtle than in previous times.
Do I feel anxious?  Not much.  Do I feel depressed?  Not much.  But do I feel mellow, a noticeable relaxation?
Not yet. 

I just wondered what other folks reactions were to Klonopin.  Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Has anyone had no reaction to klonopin?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 11:08:35 PM »
Brings me down from nervous wreck to normal.  Not relaxed, but normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 90
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 11:57:42 PM »
It's not that I have no reaction, but it seems more subtle than in previous times.

Not sure what you're expecting, but benzodiazepines remove the anxiety...that's it, plus maybe some sedation initially. If you want a buzz or to be mellow then you need to look elsewhere.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Snoopy10

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 12:14:46 PM »
When I am on Lexapro for some reason klonopin doesn't work as well for me.  My psychiatrist says its because maybe the Lexapro is doing its job so I don't notice as much "relief" from klonopin.  Its kind of annoying because if I have uncontrolled symptoms on Lexapro, klonopin doesn't give me as much relief and so I reach for something much less healthy, like wine.  I tried Xanex but it makes me feel 'buzzed' and wears off too fast.  But as my doctor always says, we may never find the "perfect" solution - so right now for me its Lexapro, klonipin and if its a bad day, I might have some wine at night (win is NOT a recommended way to cope mind you!!  I am in the process of reducing how much I drink using a CBT-type approach)
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 12:53:29 AM »
Thanks for sharing, Snoopy.  Hopefully for me, it's just a matter of finding the right therapeutic level.
I think I'm getting close but my doc is out of town.  Good luck to you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kalashari

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 02:16:11 PM »
1mg is pretty strong if you don't have the tolerance.... Not sure what you expected to happen to you... 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 02:41:43 PM »
I actually started klonopim this am for my severe anxiety and panic attacks everyday. I literally felt almost normal during work. Had NO panic attack at all. I am a bit tired kind of stoned feeling but thats about it. I am supposed to take another half this evening before bed even if I dont feel anxious. So far its working pretty well for me. It hasnt taken the anxiety away 100% but I am SO much better today then I have been. I am also starting therapy tomorrow as well so hopefully I am on my way to getting better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kenzie

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 02:44:17 PM »
I have never been on klonopin but my dr prescribed me Xanax and it took my anxiety down I just put on some calm meditation music and lay down for a while maybe trying that might help mellow you out
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 11:04:09 PM »
Thanks, Kenzie.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stevo1111

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 08:56:33 AM »
The Klonopin, unlike Xanax in this regard, seems to kick in more gradually. It is possible that you aren't noticing it too much because it's just slowly coming on over the course of an hour or more. Maybe you were expecting it to feel more like a mellow buzz you'd get from drinking a good glass of wine?

My own reaction to benzo's has always just been "meh?". Don't feel like much, but they certainly take away the feeling of dread. I never took them daily, but they certainly should be more effective when taken daily.

Is the Klonopin an adjunct to an antidepressant?
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 12:47:41 AM »
Stevo, I had taken klon about 5 years ago and I definitely felt the calming and de-stressing after 30 minutes.
I'm gonna trust that my doc and I just have to find the right therapeutic dose.  I'm at 1 mg.

I guess Klon is not an adjust to an antidepressant necessarily.  I've take prozac and lithium for bipolar for years.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 02:07:01 AM »
Stevo, I had taken klon about 5 years ago and I definitely felt the calming and de-stressing after 30 minutes

The placebo effect is truly a wondrous thing, as can be faulty memory. It is very unlikely that Klonopin will have a significant effect in only 30 minutes. It takes that about that long just to begin entering the bloodstream.

Is your anxiety under control at your current dose? If yes, they you do not need to take more.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline worldbeat99

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 12:21:50 PM »
Just reading over people's experiences with Klon, they report relief in 30-60 minutes.  It's certainly
a lot faster than when I waited for prozac to kick in.

I would say my anxiety is under control.  But I still sometimes have a sense of dread.  Or a sense of
being less engaged with people, less sense of humor.  I wonder if that is a result or anxiety or depression.
Sometimes the two are hard to tell apart.

I do also take prozac and lithium for bipolar 2.  Have taken it successfully for 20 years.  I wonder if the prozac
needs to be switched out.  Will talk to pdoc if the klonopin doesn't work.  Though I have a feeling the klonopin will work.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Frotob

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2014, 03:50:44 PM »
It'd be kinda important to distinguish between anxiety and depression in this case - klonopin isn't likely to do much for depression.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2014, 05:59:40 PM »
I would say my anxiety is under control.  But I still sometimes have a sense of dread.  Or a sense of
being less engaged with people, less sense of humor.  I wonder if that is a result or anxiety or depression.

It sounds like depression. Klonopin is more likely to aggravate than ease this.

I do also take prozac and lithium for bipolar 2.  Have taken it successfully for 20 years.  I wonder if the prozac needs to be switched out.

Unless you're already taking the recommended maximum 60mg/day (some are on much more) the easiest option would be to increase the dose. This is as likely to resolve the issues as switching to another antidepressant and provide faster results.

Ian

Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything