Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Should I be worried about MS?????  (Read 92 times)

Offline amyjeannie

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Should I be worried about MS?????
« on: June 24, 2014, 08:32:37 PM »
I've always been worried about a brain tumor but after being sick last week for some reason I finally got over that fear. Now I'm on to another, the dreaded MS which I NEVER worried about till I got on hear and started reading symptoms some people said they have seen in people who had it. The three that keep coming up are twitching, fatigue, and eye problems. I've got all three! I'm especially freaked out because last night I had friends over and I fell asleep and when I woke up they said my foot was twitching and now today everything seems to be twitching! Especially my right eye and my fingers! So scared right now! I'm only 21!!!!!
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Offline sixpack

• Rec's: 197
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Should I be worried about MS?????
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 08:41:16 PM »
no you don't have the three symptoms big on MS list.   Hint--twitching isn't one of them.  Fatigue is waaaaaay to common a thing to make it one of any importance.  And your vision issues are not the ones people with MS have (at least from your earlier description.   Please amy don't go there.  I was there off/on from 1997-2008.  I had three horrific 'bouts' dealing with this fear.   AND I had a lengthier and much more impressive 'symptom' list  :yes: :winking0008:

I could go into the big symptoms but you really don't need that because you will have or think you those symptoms next.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline amyjeannie

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 08:47:53 PM »
I think that's the problem sixpack. I see other people answer to another persons post and say, "Oh you don't have that! My friend had that and these were their symptoms: ...." And then I read those symptoms and I freak out! Sometimes I even get them the next day. It's messing with my head.
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Offline sixpack

• Rec's: 197
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 08:59:11 PM »
this forum can be great for many people.  However, for some, just reading other posts, just makes matters very much worse.  If you fall in the latter, then perhaps you shouldn't read the posts. 

like brain tumors, I have known a few MS people.  one is my husband's aunt by marriage.  she was dx'd 19 yrs ago.  she is doing great.  you would never know she had it.  there is another man we know now who helps out with our kids marching band.  you would never know he has MS.  he is strong and works like a horse, along with my husband, for marching band.

besides that, meds nowadays have gotten very good.  they are keeping the disease at bay for many people.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: