Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Mother accused me of being depressed!  (Read 247 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Mother accused me of being depressed!
« on: June 24, 2014, 05:26:37 PM »
This will be long, but please read

I am beyond angry right now with my whole family and my mother.  I will just kind of say why I am though - otherwise it won't make much sense.  I am currently in my second semester of college (I decided to take summer classes to get ahead), and in the fall I was hoping to get a student loan to at least help pay off some of the tuition.  The cost of it is $1900 total without the cost of books.  Unfortunately I need a cosigner to get the loan so I asked my dad if he would cosign for me and he flat out said "no way, I'm never cosigning for anyone ever again!"  The reason is because he cosigned for my brother to get an auto loan.  Even though my brother never missed a payment.

So I asked if my mother could cosign for me, she said no too because she cosigned for one of my sisters to open an account at a bank.  My sister needed a cosigner to get the account and my mom agreed to do so, but my sister became default on payments because she let her account overdraft and that screwed my mom over.  Therefore, my mom won't cosign for me to get the loan either.  So I just asked if they could help me here or there (not like the whole amount, just a little bit every now and then).  They flat out said no to that also.  However, they gave my other older sister $8000 to recover from an addiction (the money covered the stay at the clinic or rehab center, the therapy, etc.)

Okay, now they either cosigned for my siblings or willingly gave them money, but they won't do it for me.  I once again am the one who get's screwed over.  I honestly cannot take this anymore!  My siblings taunted me all the time when I was younger - calling me f*****, gay, flamer - you name it.  I'm not gay, but they felt that calling me those names would stop me in my tracks somehow.  And it didn't at first, because I would just ignore them, but after 11 years, it starts to get to you.  So on top of the ridicule, this is now happening.  But, to my main point, my mom stormed upstairs while I was sitting in my room because I seriously don't want to be downstairs with any of them.  However, her exact words were "I think you need to go to the doctor, because sitting upstairs in a room staring at the same walls is a sign of depression."  I didn't say anything and she just left.

I am NOT depressed at all...I'm just really pissed off!  And I don't want to be around people that don't treat me with the least bit of respect.  What am I suppose to do?  Please help me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: Mother accused me of being depressed!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 08:25:48 AM »
You might just tell her the truth, you don't care to be with people who mistreat you and won't help you.

Believe it or not they may just be doing you a favor. You are on your own, better than dependent. Makes you stronger, more determined, more focussed. You will come out on top, get what you seek on your own. I can't do that linking, but do read the short poem Invictus by William Ernest Henley. Post it where you can see it every day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 08:36:33 AM »
My Parents always played favoritism with me and my siblings and I was the one who didn't get into trouble or ask for anything and didn't do the drugs and drinking but I was the dumb fat kid and they bought them cars but not me but what they did was mess up most of my childhood but that made me more determined to show people I could do it all on my own and I did it!! I feel free and owe no one anything but once my parents got older they sure needed me because my siblings they enabled couldn't help them but me being me I have helped them and no regrets doing so I just know I made my own way and didn't help ! I feel pretty darn good about that.

I do feel they made me have anxiety and depression and much more but it is up to Us to break free and keep pushing for ourselves! If you want to set and stair at walls that is okay and I would feel hurt also and I have been where you are my advice is smile and show them you can and will succeed on your own and if you want tell them how they make you feel and I feel sad that your parents wont help in your education every parent needs to support their child in getting a education and want the best for them but it doesn't always work that way but what you are learning is how NOT to be a bad parent and know you will treat your children equal and show them right from wrong!

I would just do everything you can to not ask them for anything and get the education and then get the heck out of there and live your life to the fullest and be proud!
Good Luck!
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Offline Caribou

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 08:36:49 AM »
Thank you for responding,

I am so sick of every single one of them.  I swear the only way I can be free of them is when I go off to college, but that isn't going to happen for another year and a half.  After that, I could care less what happens to all of them - in particular my parents.

I clearly have seen favoritism in my household, and it wasn't directed towards me that's for sure.  I have honestly had the worst life...and it's not just with my family.  It had to do with me not being well liked at school, or being stuck at a horrible job, etc.  Everything aspect of my life is just awful.  I really don't think I'm depressed because I don't hate my life, but I am just really, really mad.  If I could just have one moment or time when something wasn't going wrong in my life, then I might be a little happier.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 08:34:50 AM »
Thanks to someone mentioning it here I have the book (from the library) The Happiness Trap by Russ Harris.

Unfortunately I am also reading 3 other books, all at the same time, ha ha, and so can't report much on this book at this time. It looks promising. Maybe it can interest you to take charge of yourself.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: