Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Was this anxiety? Panic attack or something else?  (Read 68 times)

Offline musicgirl

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Was this anxiety? Panic attack or something else?
« on: June 24, 2014, 11:05:04 AM »
This morning I got up and took my Zoloft like normal after breakfast then headed out to a rehearsal. Yesterday I felt SOOOO good and normal, like my old self, and today started off the same. Near the end of rehearsal I was hungry but wasn't stressed (at least I didn't FEEL stressed) nor anxious about anything, just playing the piano and suddenly I got a weird feeling over me. My eyes went funny (but I could still see), my head felt odd, I got very warm all over and it felt like a twinge in my neck. I kept playing and after a little while it went away. Was this a panic attack? Was it just anxiety popping up? It was weird.
Bookmark and Share

Offline doug65

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Was this anxiety? Panic attack or something else?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 11:15:57 AM »
Sounds like a panic/anxiety attack.  As far as not feeling anxious, please read my signature and quote from AZ member sixpack
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline musicgirl

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Was this anxiety? Panic attack or something else?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 11:26:59 AM »
Thank you, I did see your signature on another thread before coming back to this one, and it makes a lot of sense. I'm learning that Anxiety is such a weird thing....I've come a long way since the first weird symptoms started happening a few months back, but once in a while something weird happens and it freaks me out.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: