Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bad reaction to gaba or do i need the hospital now!?  (Read 166 times)

Offline Buddy122

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bad reaction to gaba or do i need the hospital now!?
« on: June 24, 2014, 02:58:06 AM »
I took half of a 750 capsule of Gaba for a natural alt for sleep/anxiety and an hour has passed ans I've already had a full blown panic attack, emptied my bowel twice and heart won't atop racing. The shakes are coming on now too. Ride this out or seek help? Has anyone experienced this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bad reaction to gaba or do i need the hospital now!?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 03:21:40 AM »
Well first off, no studies have shown it to have a tranquilizing effect when taken as a suppliment, because it does not cross the blood-brain barrier.

Second, no. You seem to be having a panic attack. It would be pretty much impossible for that dose to cause that reaction. Otherwise you'd have trouble being, well, alive. Your body produces quite a bit on its own.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Buddy122

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bad reaction to gaba or do i need the hospital now!?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 07:57:15 AM »
I definitely was having a panic attack, my first full blown one in about three months...which I woke up out of a dead sleep too which was terrifying all its own. That was my third night taking the supplements and I'm going to stop. TMI but I've almost been peeing on the hour every hour each morning after taking them. I know anxiety can cause excess urination too, but I just find this too much of a coincidence. Thank you so much for your response though, its definitely reassuring.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: