Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Dehydration - Acutistic Neuroma - Common Sense  (Read 80 times)

Online Eighty-1

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Dehydration - Acutistic Neuroma - Common Sense
« on: June 23, 2014, 12:25:34 AM »
The other day I was sitting in my chair in my office and I looked up at the ceiling and I believe I had my first real bout of vertigo.  Not severe, but certainly the room felt as if it was moving.  I came home and when I laid on my bed I felt the same thing.

A little back drop would be I put in a tough Yoga class the night before, and didn't hydrate during the next day when this happen.  I'd like to attribute it to that.  I have also not had the spinning sensation since.  A bout of BPPV?

I've stayed hydrated, but still had the HA "off" feeling ever since which I've had several times after a freak out.  I'm not slurring words....but feel like I could start any minute.  I'm feeling unbalanced, but can stand on 1 foot for more than a minute and can seemingly balance with eyes closed for while as well.  My legs feel weak, but I can run and do 50 push ups without a ton of effort.  Pretty sure I'd pass a basic neurological exam.

The mental "off" has lasted a few hours to a month or so in the past.  Xanax seems to help a touch.

I'm not going to make a Dr Appointment, as I feel like this is just another one of those things I need to punch in the face on my own.  However, wanted to know if any similar episodes have happened to anyone else? 

And the topic....Oh.  Just one of the conditions I have dx'd myself with over the last 8-9 years.  This recent deal just plays in the Brain Tumor fears....or 15 other ones.

Thanks for any encouraging words.

Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dehydration - Acutistic Neuroma - Common Sense
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 04:30:57 AM »
I went through a period where I'd just get random vertigo spells out of nowhere.  The horrible fast-spinning room kind.  It happened a few times over a few months then stopped.  Still have no idea what caused it.  No brain tumor, though!
Bookmark and Share

Online Eighty-1

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dehydration - Acutistic Neuroma - Common Sense
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 01:51:07 PM »
That's good to hear - :)  I mean not that you were spinning, but that it's over.

I just really don't want it to interrupt my exercising, since that is the one thing that I believe helps me take my mind off of HA.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Brain Tumor