Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is it anxiety or should I be scared?  (Read 119 times)

Offline redcoat13

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is it anxiety or should I be scared?
« on: June 23, 2014, 12:20:15 AM »
I've been having stomach I should say pain but it's sort of like an ache. It's also been in my back like on the right side. I think it's just my anxiety but I'm not sure because these symptoms have never happened to me before and I also get them so frequently now even when I'm not anxious. I went to the doctor and they said my stomach felt full and recommended I get an ultrasound so I did, and they didn't find anything and said everything was okay. I got tested for anemia and a UTI and those results came back negative as well. This has been going on since April and I don't know if it's just the anxiety or if I have IBS and I feel like I would've been told by the doctors already if I had it but I don't know or not. Can someone tell me if this is anxiety or if this happened to you? I'm so nervous and I'm going to California next week on a plane and I wanna be fixed or have it under control before I go so please help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is it anxiety or should I be scared?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 12:50:52 AM »
Yes, those sensations can be caused by anxiety. Due to how your body responds to anxiety, it can cause temporary digestion problems. This is a result of it moving blood to more vital areas of your body, in case you need to physically respond to a threat. Since your digestive track can be slowed down temporarily with no threatening results, that's one of the first places it goes to for the resources.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: