Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Depersonalization - Identity Loss  (Read 125 times)

Offline shellofabody

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Depersonalization - Identity Loss
« on: June 22, 2014, 04:36:03 PM »
I might just be thinking too much, but I don't know if this is my anxiety or something else. I feel like I'm gonna wake up with no memory. I can't talk to anyone, because I don't know who's talking when I talk. I can't look in the mirror, I have to repeat my name to myself to calm down. It's like I don't know who I am or what I'm doing in my body. I'm really confused and scared. I don't know how to explain this other than that I just feel like I'm going to forget who I am.. This has been going on for days. Please help..
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 163
    • Poke This Member
Re: Depersonalization - Identity Loss
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 05:29:13 AM »
Calm down. Nice deep breath. In and out. None of those things are going to happen to you. With depersonalization it can be frightening. You can feel distant from things. Like there is this invisible wall between you and others. I used to have it for a good while. Used to hold onto things when I was outdoors. Afraid I would fall over. Times I would have no memory of been out at all. I got used to it. Simple as that. What happened next? It vanished. Just like that. There is no magic cure for it. It is one of those things we have to put up with if it comes on. Now, I will say, getting back out of that state of mind may take a jolt. One thing you could try is a lose elastic band on your wrist. Lose because we don't wish to cut the blood flow off. You feel yourself drifting, let it sling. The jolt may snap you out of it. Works for some people. Has no effect on other people. I used to try and write in a journal whenever I was in that state of mind. Makes for interesting reading today. But with me it just vanished. Like I accepted it. That was me taking control of the situation. I was no longer feeding the fear that comes with it. Not had it in many many years. Don't even think about these days. It is not an issue with me.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue