Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: i dont get it "heart palps"  (Read 125 times)

Offline JayB4231981

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
i dont get it "heart palps"
« on: June 22, 2014, 03:30:13 AM »
Why is it that with my palps their always 10x worse at night? I get some during the day but it's always crucial at night just like my anxiety. Is this all mental psychosomatic or is it possible it somehow just ALWAYS flares up at night? As well, is it commen for them to happen multiple times and at times as if they somewhat take your breath away? Thanks...
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: i dont get it "heart palps"
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 08:33:39 AM »
I find my palps are worse at night when i dont' get enough liquids and not enough protein during the day then eat high glycemic carbs (pasta, pizza, white bread, etc) for dinner.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 01:13:42 PM »
Palps can be worsened by anxiety so if you are not feeling well at night then that's when they are most likely to be a problem.  Its also when we are quiet and still and therefore more likely to notice them.  I had some in the mornings when I was waking up recently, though they seem to have abated and may have had something to do with one of the meds I am taking but have reduced.  Odd thing is I got a holter monitor, and I heard three "pauses" in my heart beat that morning, but the monitor was normal with no ectopic beats.  Havent read the report but that's what the cardiologist said.  I've actually had relatively few palps until the last couple of weeks during this year and half of fighting the anxiety/depression stuff, whereas I had more of them when I had my two other attacks earlier in life.  I also remember a friend in college, when I was first sick, telling me how he had palps so bad over stressing about an exam he had to excuse himself from dinner.  He knew what they were from my description of them before.  So clearly anxiety can aggravate them, and like a vicious circle, palps tend to make many folks worry more, so the cycle perpetuates.  Assuming you have been checked out by a doc and found not to have anything really wrong with your heart, take solace in knowing that the palps are harmless and will diminish with time and as you get better.  Also avoid things that aggravate them like caffeine and alchohol, neither of which is good for anxiety either. Good sleep hygiene might also help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 01:22:37 PM »
My physician told me that certain GI issues can contribute to them also.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Expertgamer

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 05:42:04 PM »
I've been told palps are also more prone to appear when one is tired- I notice that I have them more during the night too. They don't really bother me though, unless I keep getting them every other beat, but that rarely happens.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: