Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Capped my messages, ShawnW. Kinda fits here any way.  (Read 97 times)

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
Capped my messages, ShawnW. Kinda fits here any way.
« on: June 21, 2014, 11:15:53 PM »
I did do the initial reflex exam, but because I knew I'm not qualified I made her aunt, who's a physical therapist, check and came to the same conclusion, then she checked with her doctor who, again, found the same. The only reflex that has not been tested by either a physical therapist or doctor and solely by me was the positive Hoffman's. But I am fairly confident it's there. However, consider that part variable as I could be wrong. The rest is physician-confirmed. 

Actually, I was trying to use her as a control when I was self-testing about a month ago and neither of us expected to find anything odd. She's still not very worried about it and I'm trying to encourage her to see a doctor for an MRI, at the very least. Her GP referred her for a head MRI, but she canceled it because she refused to call off work.

Also, no one has said anything about atrophy and I didn't notice any when I looked at her hands and arms. Again, not qualified, but I can make a reasonable estimation. No twitching either, except for her pinky on the opposite hand of the one with weakness.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 20
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Capped my messages, ShawnW. Kinda fits here any way.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 11:30:41 PM »
I did do the initial reflex exam, but because I knew I'm not qualified I made her aunt, who's a physical therapist, check and came to the same conclusion, then she checked with her doctor who, again, found the same. The only reflex that has not been tested by either a physical therapist or doctor and solely by me was the positive Hoffman's. But I am fairly confident it's there. However, consider that part variable as I could be wrong. The rest is physician-confirmed. 

Actually, I was trying to use her as a control when I was self-testing about a month ago and neither of us expected to find anything odd. She's still not very worried about it and I'm trying to encourage her to see a doctor for an MRI, at the very least. Her GP referred her for a head MRI, but she canceled it because she refused to call off work.

Also, no one has said anything about atrophy and I didn't notice any when I look at her hands and arms. Again, not qualified, but I can make a reasonable estimation. No twitching either, except for her pinky on the opposite hand of the one with weakness.

I would encourage her to do the work-up her physician recommended.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Tags: