Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: worried about so many things right now :(  (Read 271 times)

Offline ryates80

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
worried about so many things right now :(
« on: June 21, 2014, 07:38:18 PM »
I'm so overwhelmed right now. I was worried over face puffiness (went to MD, er x2, and dentist), headache, nausea (probably anxiety), temperature 98.8 (normal 97 ish), now I'm worried about the contrast from my sinus ct causing renal failure because I don't drink enough. I'm making myself literally sick with worry and driving my family insane. I have to find a way to control this or I'm afraid I will lose everyone. I'm supposed to take Zoloft and I did for years, but now I'm terrified of any medication. I took one augmentin and spent 2 hours thinking I was dying.
Any advice would be great:) Thanks for reading my rant.
Bookmark and Share

Offline StrongintheFaith

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: worried about so many things right now :(
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 02:00:44 AM »
I wish I had some great advice, but I don't. Just want you to know you aren't alone. Lately with me if it's not one thing it's another that I'm worrying about. Lately, I've been trying to tell myself that stress and anxiety are probably the culprit for 100% of my problems. It's amazing the havok that anxiety can cause your body.
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 07:06:39 AM »
If it makes you feel better, I had a CT with contrast 7 years ago for severe back pain and fever, and didn't drink anything at all that day besides the abdominal contrast stuff.  I did have an IV drip but I was still a bit dehydrated that weekend (my lips were peeling horribly, not fun).  The contrast (I had the drinkable kind and the injected kind) did me no harm whatsoever.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ryates80

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 09:42:45 PM »
Thank you for the replies. I went back to the er to have my kidney function tested. It was normal. I also had tondo a urine specimen because my back is hurting BAD. I gave them two samples because the first time I forgot to clean catch. They said I had a uti but I'm also getting off my period and I didn't know which sample was tested. So today I went to urgent care and had another urine test which came back clear. They're still sending it for culture to be sure though. My back is hurting so bad. I did do something at work that may have hurt it though. Now I'm having tightness in my temples and jaws and I just feel insane :(
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 09:55:34 PM »
Back pain might be causing you to tighten your other muscles.  Make a conscious effort to check to make sure you're not clenching your jaw or grinding your teeth. 

If your back pain is muscular, try a hot shower aimed right at it, as hot as you can get it.  That helps sometimes.  I also sometimes get relief from the drug store back massagers, just the small plastic handheld ones.  Cheap but effective for me a lot of the time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 04:05:51 AM »
Hi @mollyfin. I have a question, do you get low back pain when you are under stress or i'd like to call "in a anxious situation"? That just randomly occurs.
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Online mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 04:57:41 AM »
It's hard for me to say because I pretty much always have low back pain :/ 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: