Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Getting an MRI soon...very scared!  (Read 95 times)

Offline bkn

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Getting an MRI soon...very scared!
« on: June 21, 2014, 12:04:33 PM »
I am a20 year old girl and have been diagnosed with GAD.
I have been dealing with constant dizziness rocking sensation since the past 4 months...so finally after months of doctors i have been scheduled an MRI next week. But im soooo scared of getting a brain scan! Im scared if the whole process and even more scared of getting the result :( has anyone here had braun mri done? How do u stat calm till the next week!? Please pray for me
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Getting an MRI soon...very scared!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 02:16:15 PM »
well you shouldnt be scared of the process. its boring and unremarkable. As for being scared of the results.. there's not much point really. If something's wrong, you'll have al lthe time you want to freak out about it after you know. And if you don't, you'd feel silly about worrying so much. Either way, nothing can go forward until you get the results, so there's no reason to get upset.

For now you should probably just distract yourself. Here: http://youtu.be/JcniyQYFU6M Watch this. It's fun.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 02:19:37 PM »
Hi BKN, I also have GAD.  I have had an MRI for something else.  The main thing to know is that the machine is loud.  You can usually ask for earplugs
or to listen to music.  Also the chamber is very small, so I closed my eyes to not feel closed in.  They also had a panic button for me in case I needed
their attention, but I never did.

You should be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline new_mommy13

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 08:32:55 PM »
I had an MRI this past Monday for my back. I had myself SO worked up about it, but it's not bad at all!!!!! The machine is loud and you are passed through a small tunnel, but they gave me ear plugs and a face cloth to put over my eyes and the technician said "you have an 8 month old? have a nap!!" As usual the stress leading up to the test was 100x worse then the test itself!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: