Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weird guy on plane - why can't I stop worrying about this?  (Read 185 times)

Offline laurenm

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Weird guy on plane - why can't I stop worrying about this?
« on: June 21, 2014, 01:56:46 AM »
I had a long flight home tonight. There was a guy in the row in front of me who I think was just drunk but for all I know he may have been high. He was loud, was swearing a ton (like every other word), looking back and leering at me between the seats, rude to the flight attendants, and just plain ol' weird/obnoxious/not in his right mind.

We waited a long time to take off and at some point I fell asleep. When we got to an altitude where they turned off the seatbelt sign, I woke up just as he had passed me on his way to the bathroom (I was on the aisle). You know how sometimes when you sleep sitting up your mouth is open? Well, I CANNOT stop obsessing and worrying that mine was, and that he did something when he walked by. . .like put something in my mouth and I inhaled it. Or dropped some sort of liquid in there (drugs). I know it sounds ridiculous, but that's the "fun" of OCD, right? It makes us worry about things other people never would and things that are irrational.

Ugh, I just needed to put this in writing to hopefully help myself 'get over' it.

Thanks for listening
Bookmark and Share

Offline CanSomeoneRelate?

• Silly Anxiety, Nobody Wants You Here!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Anxiety Go Away
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird guy on plane - why can't I stop worrying about this?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 04:32:51 PM »
I totally can relate to you here. For example, while reading your post, I thought your fear of him putting something in your mouth / inhaling it was a very rational thought. This brings me back to a personal story, I'll keep it short. I got a vanilla iced cream cone from McDonalds on my way home yesterday. The young gentleman that made it and gave it to me had dirt under his nails & touched part of my cone with his fingers because he didn't use a napkin. My mind began rolling. What if he just used the bathroom? What if he has herpes and I get herpes from eating the ice cream? As much as one part of my brain knows it sounds crazy, the other part of my brain makes it feel completely rational and believable. I feel ya.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: