Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weird guy on plane - why can't I stop worrying about this?  (Read 211 times)

Offline laurenm

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Weird guy on plane - why can't I stop worrying about this?
« on: June 21, 2014, 01:56:01 AM »
I had a long flight home tonight. There was a guy in the row in front of me who I think was just drunk but for all I know he may have been high. He was loud, was swearing a ton (like every other word), looking back and leering at me between the seats, rude to the flight attendants, and just plain ol' weird/obnoxious/not in his right mind.

We waited a long time to take off and at some point I fell asleep. When we got to an altitude where they turned off the seatbelt sign, I woke up just as he had passed me on his way to the bathroom (I was on the aisle). You know how sometimes when you sleep sitting up your mouth is open? Well, I CANNOT stop worrying that mine was, and he did something when he walked by. . .like put something in my mouth or something. I know it sounds ridiculous, but that's the "fun" of anxiety, right? It makes us worry about things other people never would.

Ugh, I just needed to put this in writing to hopefully help myself 'get over' it.

Thanks for listening
Bookmark and Share

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird guy on plane - why can't I stop worrying about this?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 04:21:41 AM »
Oh my, that does sound ridiculous...

Then again, anxiety has convinced me of some pretty FAR-fetched things, luckily it's also wrong every time. Just say to yourself "Nice try, anxiety..." and relax.  :bigsmile:

Bookmark and Share
Generally afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 04:55:32 AM »
Aww he sounds like a real idiot! But in regards of what your thinking try let it go I seriously doubt anyone would do that not to mention you would choke and it would wake you up so relax you are fine :) anxiety is a terrible illness wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Go for a walk, watch a nice film and let the thought pass as it is just a unhethy thought it's not actually happened. Take care
Bookmark and Share

Offline AlyAmy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 09:07:25 AM »
He does sound like an idiot! But I think you're fine, no need to worry. If he had put something in your mouth you would have woken up, and someone would have seen him do it. Dont worry, try and relax :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: