Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is this my health or anxiety  (Read 292 times)

Offline Cher

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is this my health or anxiety
« on: June 20, 2014, 09:47:43 PM »
It all started about 3 months ago. Neck and rt. shoulder pain then numbness and tingling in the right side of my face. Horrible headaches with pain behind the right eye with a heaviness and pressure around the eye as well. I have seen several doctors including a neurologist. Still no answers. This has caused my anxiety levels to soar! My primary care physician has put me on xanax to help with the panic attacks this has caused. I am currently off work due to these issues. I also have been crying a lot because I'm afraid of what could be wrong. The xanax helps relieve things to a certain extent but I want answers not pills. He also want me to try Pamelor 25mg at bedtime. Here is the problem. I have an extreme fear of taking pills! Has anyone here ever experienced anything like this or taken the pamelor?
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this my health or anxiety
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 05:16:39 AM »
Here you have the mystery of anxiety. It has so many symptoms that if we are hit with something new, we are left sitting there wondering is it just our anxiety. One plus side is the doctors not finding anything at all. If there was anything there to be found, if they done testing, I am sure it would have shown up. The question of if anxiety can cause all of those things? I would say a big yes. Anxiety can nearly cause everything that can mimic certain types of illnesses. It does leave people lost at times. Illness or anxiety. If nothing is showing up in tests I think we have to say ' anxiety ' and look for a way out of it.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Cher

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 10:37:00 AM »
Thanks for the reply. It's really nice to know someone would take the time to do that for me. the doctor is wanting me to start the Pamelor but I'm so frightened of side affects. Do you take anything for anxiety that works for you? I have been taking the xanax for panic attacks but I also feel depression coming on due to feeling so alone and helpless through all of this. Any experiences you've had that you could share with me would be helpful. thanks again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LO87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 11:16:40 AM »
I guess it could be caused by anxiety, but my first answer would be migraine. It's pretty classic migraine symptoms. They're horrible, but harmless. If you've already had that checked out, did they look at your sinuses and ears?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cher

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 01:19:12 PM »
They said it could be migraines but I would have to be having them all the time. I did see an ENT and he recommended sinus surgery but said he didn't think it would rid me of the facial numbness and tingling. I'm not sure what I should do? thanks for your reply. I really do appreciate it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LO87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 01:58:06 PM »
Hm I think you should reinvestigate both options. Migraines are almost as mysterious and diverse as anxiety itself! They can cause anything, regardless of frequency. The puffy eye feeling is absolutely classic migraine, I really would try and treat them as such and see of it helps you! Better to rule out physical causes first, right? It might be much simpler than treating it as anxiety when the solution is much easier. As for the sinus surgery, it doesn't sound like he would recommend it without a reason. I had awful chronic sinusitis for 5 months and my face was numb a lot from that too. Mine was caused by allergies so I found a spray that worked forme and the pain and numbness is now nearly gone :) but sinus problems can definitely cause facial numbness. Also do you have any problems with your wisdom teeth or had any surgery on them/other back teeth? It could be something to do with that too.

I'm not saying for definite that your symptoms aren't anxiety, I'm not a dr, but if it were me I would say those symptoms are very physical and I would continue to investigate them. It's understandable that all this waiting and not knowing would make you anxious though! Like I said, it might still be down to anxiety, but wouldn't it be great of they weren't and. could be fixed easily ? I wish you all the best-- I hope you get answers soon, don't give up
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cher

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 03:35:53 PM »
Thanks. I believe I will look into the sinus thing a bit more as it does get worse with changing weather. What kind of spray worked for you? I'd rather try something of that nature first. I don't get itchy eyes or anything but nasal congestion and pressure.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LO87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 04:58:01 PM »
I got exactly the same-- pressure, numbness, pain in all kinds of weird places in my face/head and I couldn't breathe properly a lot of the time. Not helpful with anxiety on top of it! My doctor gave me Dymista spray, I swear by it. Twice a day and within a few weeks I felt 100% better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cher

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 12:20:21 PM »
Never heard of it but I'll ask the doc about it. Did your pain get worse with rainy weather? Mine does. My ears also feel full and I get warm sensations in them. Did you have any of that going on?
Bookmark and Share

Offline LO87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 02:31:50 PM »
Yeah, pressure and different types of weather can really agffect headaches or sinus issues. It can depend what kinda of allergens are around too. I can just about pop my left ear now but it used to feel stuffy and like they had water in them. It was very annoying. I hope dymista helps you, if it's an allergy issue!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: