Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Right side abdominal pain  (Read 286 times)

Offline Parky94

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Right side abdominal pain
« on: June 20, 2014, 08:46:28 PM »
Hi guys, so for the last week or so I've been experiencing an ache like pain in my right abdomen. This ache moves from around my belly button to under my ribs and even sometimes it has traveled to my back. It is very uncomfortable and I have no clue what is causing this. I have been to the doctors and the GP performed a physical exam on my abdomen and found nothing he was concerned with. Has anyone suffered a similar fate, or could shed a light on what they think it is? Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Right side abdominal pain
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 08:56:49 PM »
Try and get up and take some walks....it sounds like trapped air to me the way it moves around.
Bookmark and Share

Offline miika

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 09:05:25 PM »
Have had this problem at least 10 years. Some days better, some worse. Sometimes just annoying " knot" feeling somewhere there, sometimes pain. Its just gas. And yeah I feel it in my back too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worry2Much

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 12:26:37 AM »
I have this and have for awhile now. It comes and goes and sets my anxiety off. My grandmother gets this same pain and she says she has for 40+ years. She's had many test and they have found nothing. She will be 78 in August and I share this same pain as her so that is a little reassuring. I too believe it is gas.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NeverAgain2

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 06:02:47 AM »
I had this, too.

Bad.

It is the contraction of muscles due to the "fight or flight" reflex.  Basically, unconsciously, you are reacting to the stress of life.  It is very common.  This is where you show/feel your anxiety vs a migraine or something.

It is distressing, because the right side is where major organs are located, and people get afraid and docs will send you for every test under the sun, moon and stars.  The fact that the pain moves around is very suggestive of this.

You will probably get a battery of tests and nothing will be found.  After this, think about the "fight or flight" reflex.  If you want to know exactly what happens to the body with this pick up Hanna's "Somatics".

Save yourself the grief of consulting Dr. Google.  I did this.  There are probably millions of post about weird right sided pain across the net.  All of the posters get tons of tests and have no clear cut results, or, worse, doctors start guessing and removing things like gallbladders.  The only ones who seem to resolve this problem are the very few that understand that it is stress.

I ain't no doctor.  I can't even spell docter.
Bookmark and Share

Online Dtox

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 06:30:25 PM »
Hi guys, so for the last week or so I've been experiencing an ache like pain in my right abdomen. This ache moves from around my belly button to under my ribs and even sometimes it has traveled to my back. It is very uncomfortable and I have no clue what is causing this. I have been to the doctors and the GP performed a physical exam on my abdomen and found nothing he was concerned with. Has anyone suffered a similar fate, or could shed a light on what they think it is? Thanks.

Hey Parky

Did you feel better I have the same pain as you

Hugs
Bookmark and Share

Offline fordaisy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 08:40:58 PM »
I have the same thing except it is on my left side. I am all anxious about it too thinking I have some horrible disease.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: