Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bat Bite?! rabies?!  (Read 232 times)

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
Bat Bite?! rabies?!
« on: June 20, 2014, 06:36:04 PM »
Two weeks ago (If I'm remembering correctly) I was outside in the middle of the night after a fight and then I went outside and covered myself with extra clothing of my dad's so that I would stay warm, the only things exposed were my hands and face, the rest of me was well covered. I got sick on Monday with a sore throat and went to the doctors and they told me it was viral and I also had a low grade fever. I went to the doctors on Wednesday and I now on Friday am an anxious wreck for I found a little bite of some sort on my upper arm about half way in between my shoulder and elbow. I don't know why but I always have a slight headache and yesterday I drank a lot of water and my headache went away but now I'm scared to death that this time I will actually die of rabies from a real bite. Just to give you a picture I was in a Mexican poncho with long sleeves and had a coat on and then also had a shirt on top of both my legs and my back. So is this just dehydration, stress, and not eating enough? The bite itself looks like it's just 2mm in length or a little longer. So if I were fully covered this was a spider right? I don't fell any symptoms other than a bothersome headache and sometimes the chocking feeling but I know that that is just my anxiety (hopefully). My dad said that he has seen no bats for years... but who knows... I may of gotten bitten. A source I read said that "Less than 0.5 of 1 percent of bats get rabies".
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline Lars Thorwald

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bat Bite?! rabies?!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 10:15:36 PM »
You didn't contract rabies from a bat, or any other creature. Extremely rare. You probably have a better chance of playing QB for the Dallas Cowboys than getting rabies from a bat. Hope you feel better soon--I'm sure you will.
Bookmark and Share
"For days after death, hair and fingernails continue to grow but phone calls taper off." --Johnny Carson

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 11:34:24 PM »
Lars Thorwald my dad showed me his same bug bite of the same shape as mine on my arm, as for the headache I have a cold (my dad said, and it most likely is), and as for the general discomfort I think it's dehydration, the cold, and just too much anxiety and stress in general. I want to thank you for it really takes a lot of people to tell me that my fear or rabies is miniscual and for the fact that I was in that mexican poncho only my face and hands were exposed but they were tucked in, just some days are worse off than others, I've tried so much to get this anxiety to go away but it just keeps coming back... som e of it's hormonal so I caqn't control it. As for the rabies thing I will try not to think about it for as you said it's rare. I still can't get it out of my head, the thought that Im at risk for rabies.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 11:35:49 PM »
A bite that you didn't notice when it happened? I seriously doubt a bat swooped down, nibbled on you without you noticing and then flew away. Bats (or any animal) with rabies act super strange and would be making some sort of noise...

I agree with Lars, all of this seems impossible/irrational, really.
Bookmark and Share
Generally afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline Smalm

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 12:02:29 AM »
Descent, yes I now know after reading a book that they would be out in the day or making some sort of noise for they would be in great pain, as for how covered up I was I think nothing could of bit me at all on my arms, legs, stomach, or face and arms, basically nowhere since I was so covered. Sorry for this whole thing this is my first week without theraphy in the summertime so my anxiety is haywire right now. As for the bites they are bugs for my dad showed me one of his which was just the same as mine, the headache is dehydration. I will try not to think about me dying of rabies because no matter how much i learn and reason it out I still fear it happening. Thanks!  :happy0151: The cold thing makes me anxious only because there is a week of usually not feeling well before getting rabies, so in my mind this is the week and the next week I'll be dead.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: