Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Is this normal? Kind of scared  (Read 176 times)

Online Nala1991

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is this normal? Kind of scared
« on: June 20, 2014, 03:02:56 PM »
My anxiety is really getting severe. Last night as i was laying down i had a bad jolt go through my body and i twitched.it happened all night through my sleep and i hardly got any sleep. Now as i lay down my head jolts and twitches and my body is doing it too. Is this normal? Im very scared about this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this normal? Kind of scared
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 03:11:07 PM »
I have had this happen to me also many times and I had many test done proving nothing was causing this that was seriously wrong. I was told it was my anxiety and panic also could be my med I was taking.

I know many on here have had the same issue because I have seen them talk about it so odds are it isn't anything serious so try working on your anxiety and keep the stress down if possible.

Oh I can also jerk and twitch while awake also !
Take Care and just read through the forums you should be able to see more on this.
Bookmark and Share
Let it Go, Let God !

Offline zav4999

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 04:30:50 PM »
I get twitches/jolts in my chest sometimes in my chest when I'm about to fall asleep. I was getting these during real bad periods of stress from anxiety. I hvent had them in awhile now
 I believe during high times of stress and anxiety this happens whm trying to sleep. As you get better and more relaxed it will go away. Don't be afraid. Easier said than done.but I've went through it an it passed. Ull be ok
Bookmark and Share

Offline ferrari0909

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 05:26:28 PM »
I know it may seem like its not normal ( I have a lot of vision problems with anxiety) but that jolting is completely normal and has never bothered me.

I have had it since I was a child, remembering doing it when camping and got really scared and my dad just said you do it all the time buddy.

So yes normal, nothing to worry about or it could be a side effect of medication.
Bookmark and Share

Online Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 05:40:28 PM »
Thanks for the replies. It just started happening last night. Its very scary and i feel like its some sort of seizure. It feels like im gonna have one when it happens. I am not on any meds right now but i know i am goin t have to go back on them. I start talking to a therapist next friday. I even called him and was like in panic mode while asking him this. I am like this all day long. I cant take this anymore really. Sometimes i will feel ok but most of the time i am shaking spaced out and my head feels weird. I am even afraid to take a shower bc i feel weird in there n my head feels weird i feel weak and shaky and i used to love showering and fixing my hair and wearing make up. Now i dont care anymore bc i always feel so weird.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hiswaywardgirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 09:56:18 PM »
You should definitely see someone about it, maybe even a regular doctor instead of a therapist. Do you think it's your heart, or more of a seizure type shake/jolt? Skipped heartbeats or arrhythmias can feel like a jolt, but they're usually not harmful.

What meds were you on? Could you possibly be going through a withdrawal period?

Sorry you're not feeling well, hope things get better! *hugs*
Bookmark and Share

Online Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 10:19:12 PM »
Its only when i am trying to go to sleep for the most part. When it happens my heart beats really fast.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hiswaywardgirl

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 11:07:38 PM »
That sounds like a heart palpitation. Does it feel like a "jolt," and then your heart starts beating really fast? If so, I get those ALL the time... one thing that really helps is magnesium. Most people are deficient in it, and it helps a lot with anxiety and reducing heart palpitations. :)

But you should still probably see a doctor, just in case.
Bookmark and Share

Online Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 11:32:49 AM »
It didnt happen last night. I actually slept pretty well. But as soon as I wake up I feel weird again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pink Cat

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 05:56:20 PM »
I get stuff like that too some times when I'm falling asleep.  I remember seeing something on TV that mentioned it, and I think they said it had to do with your body switching from being awake and doing stuff to being asleep and not doing stuff.  They said it was totally normal and not harmful.  That it worries you is probably the cause of your heart racing.  When people are scared their heart can beat faster, you know?  My boyfriend used to get worried when he would try and sleep at night because he could hear his heart beating and because he was paying attention to it and thinking about it and would get scared by it.  Being scared by it would make his heart beat faster which would scare him more.  It sucked but it was in his head.  He went to the doctor and stuff and they said he was perfectly fine. 

My dog has seizures and it doesn't look anything like twitching or something like that.  :)

If it keeps scaring you there isn't any reason you couldn't go to the doctor and ask them about it just for some peace of mind.  :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: