Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: on average how many panic attacks  (Read 255 times)

Offline Artman9865

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
on average how many panic attacks
« on: June 20, 2014, 02:02:27 PM »
I was just wondering on average how many panic attacks per day people get I usuallyhave 2 a day but can be more or some days I can ggo without having one at all. Today i am having one that wont seem to let up even after taking ativan im having problems i feel as if i cant breath and i keep belching does anyone else have that happen?
Bookmark and Share

Offline firewife

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: on average how many panic attacks
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 02:59:22 PM »
This is just me but when I'm having digestion problems I seem to have worse panic. I don't get mine as often as you but you might try Tums.or some peppermint to see if it calms your stomach and panic. More and more research is linking panic and anxiety to digestion issues.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mychichikins

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 04:15:09 PM »
:goofy:i used to get attacks starting late grade 11. They had gotten worse throughout the years till I was 26, then they started subsiding to which I have one every two months or so. It is a relief, I'm not religious but a friend in recovery ( I was drinking each day to take away the panic)told me to go to church and pray.... It worked.  Slowly but surely the attacks went away and didn't take over my life. There is hope
Bookmark and Share

Offline saffron

• Dare to be different
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 11:18:52 PM »
I'm new to panic disorder (was just officially diagnosed today), but I don't seem to have it as badly as some people. My first panic attack happened about a month ago, and I had another less intense one that happened last week. Also, for some reason, they only seem to happen at night for me, probably because I'm afraid of losing consciousness. I have had some anxiety during the day, but the anxiety is nothing compared to the actual attacks when they do happen. And when the panic attacks do happen, they're completely at random. Like, I could just be thinking about any old thing, and then boom, panic attack.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Darkhouss

• KCCO
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 11:29:26 AM »
I was just wondering on average how many panic attacks per day people get I usuallyhave 2 a day but can be more or some days I can ggo without having one at all. Today i am having one that wont seem to let up even after taking ativan im having problems i feel as if i cant breath and i keep belching does anyone else have that happen?

I can relate to how you feel completely , sometimes when my anxiety peaks and I have a long episode of panic attacks I also feel nauseous , and gassy. It upsets my stomach to the point I have symptoms of IBS and no foods are appealing to me at all until the symptoms vanish as if nothing ever happened , then I get frustrated that I even had the panic attack.

I have about 1-2 episodes a day , sometimes none for days aswell.

Keep calm ~

JH
Bookmark and Share
~ Keep Calm , Carry on ~