Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: scrape  (Read 85 times)

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
scrape
« on: June 20, 2014, 01:21:32 PM »
So I'm working and I was using the hammer a lot yesterday and so my hands blistered. On one of my hands a little bump formed and I didn't notice so I kept going and it burst open and now there is a little scrape on my hand. Its pretty small. It didn't or hasn't bled and it didn't seem to penetrate my skin. I just noticed it today and I'm still working, using lots of things like ladders. I don't have any band aids so I'm worried that it'll get infected or something nasty wikk get through . can it still get infected even though it didn't cut through and it didn't blead? Very anxious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: scrape
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 03:39:32 PM »
It's not very likely, especially if it's not deep enough to bleed, but even if it does get infected it's not a big deal.  You just go to the doctor to see if you need antibiotics. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 03:41:38 PM »
A blister that is not broken is unlikely to get infected. Just keep an eye on it. If it gets infected, it'll look like any other infections. That is, it'll be obvious. Then you should get it treated. Otherwise, don't worry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 03:53:33 PM »
Okay. Thanks! That really called me down. Now I can enjoy my Friday one worry less :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: