Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety and hospitalization question.  (Read 181 times)

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety and hospitalization question.
« on: June 20, 2014, 12:54:17 PM »
Do you know of anyone who has been put in the hospital for having too much anxiety? I'm talking about a regular room. But also I'm talking about third floor. I get worried that it will eventually happen to me and for some reason that terrifies me. It's a trigger to my anxiety.

I am not the type of person with health anxiety that likes to run to the dr or er every time I feel weird. Even though sometimes I think I need to but then that makes me worse thinking about that cause then I start thinking that something is terribly wrong. I'm on medication anyway. And I do what I can to cope with my anxiety. But sometimes I just worry if it's gonna put me there and stop me from eating.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety and hospitalization question.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 01:17:03 PM »
I know in my area they don't but each place could be different or state or city etc..

I have been to the Er many times and many test also having panic in front of many people in the medical field and not once has anyone said a word about me being put in the hospital .

Now I will say this there are treatment centers but most are private pay because most insurance companies don't pay for mental health stays and there used to be mental hospitals but even those are gone at least as far as I know but yes there are some hospitals with one hallway for mental health patients ONLY if they are a danger to themselves or someone else.

I tried to find a treatment center or anything because I wanted HELP and Nothing out there that I could afford.

No worries okay you just need therapy and keep taking your meds as needed also read all these post on the forums and you will see we are all pretty much in the same boat .

Take care and do everything you can to change your thought patterns and retrain the brain! 
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 01:31:26 PM »
yes I do know someone very close to me.  for social anxiety to depression to suicidal ideation. 

there have been a  handful of people on this site who sought out inpatient care for their anxiety/depression issues.

and while I am sure the idea may scare you a lot,  it isn't a horrible thing.  For the person very close to me it was a HUGE wake up call for him.  After about a week, he was released--not because he was necessarily all fixed up but because insurance etc.  The BEST thing about the hospitalization was that it got him to the FRONT of the line for an EXCELLENT psychologist.  This particular psychologist group takes 2-3 months to get in otherwise.

My telling you this doesn't in anyway mean I think you or anyone else here SHOULD go the hospital for in patient care  OR that it will be something that will happen to you. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 01:37:54 PM »
and what i mean is that the social anxiety moved onto depression then onto suicidal ideation
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 01:50:50 PM »
I do not suffer depression. And I'm very far from being suicidal. I'm just stressed out a lot cause I'm not wanting to feel like I have an imaginary disease forever. Deep down I know I'm healthy. Despite of how I feel some days and the sinus and allergy problems really messed me up. It triggers my anxiety every time I get out of bed to walk cause I feel so drugged and off balance and my body gets all keyed up and then my brain starts telling me I have some brain disease and it's Gonna kill me if I keep walking. The stress is of this is how my body automatically pumped with adrenaline and I tense up and feel like I can't calm down and I have tons of methods on my phone I use but I just can't get my body to calm down and meditation doesn't work. I can't keep my body still. All this is why I feel it's gonna make me snap or kill me. I don't even go into full blown attacks. I don't even get a pounding heart. All I feel is on edge and like I just need to escape. You know that feeling. And what's stressing me out is that I just want to be able to get over this fear of having an unknown disease, the fear I will flop down and die if I try to walk and don't want to feel so spaced out when I walk. That's what triggers my anxiety. I can not find a therapist. There's none around here and all the ones I have looked at are hours away and cost a fortune. I want to overcome this myself. I know it is in me. I'm also on my time of the month and I feel that's bringing it on worse. I always get more hyped up too. I'm just wishing that I could positive think more. It's so hard. I wish I could just tell myself to stop this cause it's bs but it don't work.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 02:05:15 PM »
then if you are not depressed or suicidal, then don't worry about getting hospitalized.

I do know you are worked up.  what I can glean from your posts is that the symptoms scare you.  My question is why?   I mean symptoms scared me until I knew they were ultimately coming from my stressed out mind.  Armed with that knowledge, I knew I wasn't going to let BEASTY (anxiety) take me down. I am plucky that way or is it stubborn.  :winking0008:  Either way little by little I made progress.

I don't know what will trigger the " I am not going to let anxiety rule my life in you"  But what I do know is as long as your symptoms are scaring you, it is going to be a long road for you to hoe.

I do hope you find your healing path.  I know it is so hard existing in life this way.  {{HUGS}} to you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 02:16:01 PM »
The reason why the symptoms scare me is cause my mind always tells me that I have something seriously wrong with me that drs have yet to find.  I've only had blood work done and ct scan of sinuses and top of brain without contrast. Which I would hope that without contrast would still have shown something cause I hear it can miss things. I am scared of being drugged feeling cause I know it's an anxiety trigger and then I get afraid I will pass out.  I try to tell myself so what! I'm doing all I can to work with this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 02:35:31 PM »
I understand.  so you are not even sure that all of your symptoms are even anxiety.  What, do you think, will convince you that anxiety is at the heart of it all?  It won't in my opinion be more medical tests though.  In your frame of mind you will either doubt said med test or just move onto an illness not covered by the test.  that is not meant as slamming you.  I mean back in the day, I did the same thing.  It is part of the disorder.

as far as the scan that you think miss things.........

my eldest has a gnarly brain malformation.  It was dx'd by a non-contrasted ct scan when she was 4 months old.  It told a story.  One mommies and daddies don't want to hear.    flash forward to when she was 20.  she had her first MRI then.  Guess what.  The only additional info the MRI gave was to confirm some things that ct scan suggested was there.  The MRI showed, basically clearer pictures.  AND it noted a variation in the folds of the brain.  Basically the MRI gave us nothing to change the diagnosis

My sister was dx'd with a brain tumor using a non contrasted ct scan. 

NOW a ct scan won't pick up MS,  I will give you that.   :yes:  NOT that I think you have that either.

So while you are hanging onto the idea that a no contrast CTscan could have missed things,  I see that as part of the thinking disorder.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 03:55:49 PM »
The thing is, I ask myself this, of it's a brain disease which one would it be? Cause it's been 4 months for goodness sakes brain diseases are pretty serious. So I ask myself that and say the heck if I know what disease it is cause brain fog, feeling drunk do not come under a brain disease, they do come up under allergies and anxiety.  So once I'm on my feet, the beastly thing as you call it says there something else going on with you. Blah blah blah.

My irrational black and white image is that I may pass out if I walk too much. Why? Cause I might have disease not found. But yet I do not think I have one. I guess it is the anxiety that says I do.

See how it don't make sense. Or maybe it does.

Bottom line is, I have sinus and allergies, and anxiety and constant think about my body too much. I try to get up and walk and my head feels wobbly and drunk. Either allergies are doing it or anxiety. I just know it gives me more anxiety.

Another funny thing is, I have read symptoms about ms and funny how I've never worried it was that. For some reason my mind just stays on tumor. I could have everyone of the ms symptoms and not get freaked out but yet only one symtom of a brain tumor, and flipped out. Why is that? It's just stupid!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 05:19:58 PM »
I feel for ya.  I've been in that rocky boat.  it isn't fun.

I'll tell ya what i just told another young lady.   You have a decision to make--------  doing the same ole same ole and keep feeling the way you are now OR decide to take a few leaps of faith,  and really dive into recovery.  remember anxiety lies.  and from what i  can see from your posts is  you are very cozy with the lying beasty.  You are really listening to him :yes:   You are going to have to stand up and say, "Hell, yes, this crap scares me.  But I have indulged my fears too long.  I am not going to continue giving my life away to anxiety"  With that you are going to have to simply quit giving so much power to your thoughts and fears.  KMJ, really that is the only way you will make any headway.  that is the plain and simple truth of it. 

back in '96, i was a loon over MS.  I had a boatload of symptoms.  I was a mess.  I'd been to doctor after doctor and still didn't believe.  I got so TIRED of myself.  I decided I could sit around until MS took my mobility away OR I could get back into life.  what I did was start a huge garden project in my yard.  I went outside whether I felt good or not.  It took about 3 weeks to get the project done.  nice thing in the end told the tale.  I was soooo immersed in the project that I couldn't engage in any of those reactive behaviors.  I noticed by the end that many of my symptoms were gone and others were nearly so.

based on your posts, i can see no mention of you getting so immersed back in your life.  you say you try things and perhaps you have, a little.  but i am betting reactive behaviors are right there next to you while you are attempting anything proactive.     again not calling you out.  this is so very typical of the disorder.  most people are there before they get better. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 06:14:56 PM »
About 3 weeks ago I was walking more and running trying to get my strength built up in my legs and they began to feel better and what stopped me was I was so exhausted and started feeling like I was in a dream which made me get more anxiety. I was walking despite of how my anxiety was making me feel. I stopped cause I felt dizzy. I know I should not have let that stop me but I just got afraid but I have faced my fears I before when I had agoraphobia and I know I can do it again. I got to keep telling myself that I'm healthy and that if I was gonna pass out, I would have already.  Anxiety has never ever been this bad in my life. Out of all the years I've had it. It all started with a sinus infection and me having to wait 4 weeks to see a dr and it got worse and then google really freaked me out. Lesson learned. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: