Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Tingly patch near spine... for months  (Read 169 times)

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Tingly patch near spine... for months
« on: June 20, 2014, 12:28:18 PM »
I have posted about this before, many months ago. One night in October/November of last year (so 8 months ago), I noticed this tingling sensation near my right shoulder blade near my spine. It's in a patch, like a circle. It randomly happened one night. It doesn't tingle all the time; just when I move a certain way or lay down sometimes. It happens a few times a day.

Anyway, I'm starting to really worry about it again because it's STILL happening after this long! The tingle is stronger sometimes than others. I just don't know what could be causing this... I'm thinking something is actually wrong because it hasn't gone away. I stopped focusing on it for months, but it never went away.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Any ideas as to what this could be? I don't want to go through a full blown HA crisis again. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tingly patch near spine... for months
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 12:44:21 PM »
I ahve this too... same place.... but I also get tingling in my hands and feet.... I don't know what's going on. You are not alone!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 12:58:49 PM »
How long have you had it on your back? And is it constant?
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 01:12:15 PM »
How long have you had it on your back? And is it constant?

probably a couple of months now... and it comes and goes... same spot.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 02:50:20 PM »
had that happen to me off/on dead center of my back at bra line.  horrible burning/itchy/shocky pain.  eventually it 'burnt' itself out.  16 yrs later and I still have a numb patch there.  Meh, a slightly herniated disk aggravated a nerve.  it didn't help that i was toting around a lot of newborns to add insult to injury.  my neuro told me sensation may come back, it may not.  guess after all these years it is not.   :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline LASD

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 04:04:00 PM »
I get this same thing except left shoulder blade. It is very strange, and sometimes its a painful numbness, like someone is pinching my skin. Mine has been coming and going for like 6 months now. Then again, I have pins and needles very often, so this is nothing new to me
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 08:24:38 PM »
It's very strange, but it makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one who has this!

Do any of you notice that one side of your body (like a leg) seems less sensitive than the other? For months now as well, my lower ankle/shin and top of my foot gets a weird sensation sometimes and seems more numb than the other leg or foot. Sometimes when I shave that area I get a weird sensation too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LASD

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 04:35:31 AM »
It's very strange, but it makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one who has this!

Do any of you notice that one side of your body (like a leg) seems less sensitive than the other? For months now as well, my lower ankle/shin and top of my foot gets a weird sensation sometimes and seems more numb than the other leg or foot. Sometimes when I shave that area I get a weird sensation too.
All the time! I was just noticing this now. But for me its always my left leg, around the part where my shin and ankle meet and the shin area itself
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 12:13:01 PM »

I have this too now as well.  there is a patch in my left foot that feels a bit numb.... the right foot is fine.... I don't know what's going on.... not sure if I should see my doctor or not.
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 02:34:33 PM »
Ugh! It's scary... I don't want to start going crazy again and going to the doctors and getting all these tests done again.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: