Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: New and Nervous  (Read 47 times)

Offline NikkiNicole

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New and Nervous
« on: June 19, 2014, 02:27:44 PM »
Hello everyone,

I'm 23, originally from Southern California and recently moved to Las Vegas for a "change." I've been in therapy since I was 18 for all forms of anxiety, general, separation, social, etc. As well as for depression. I was feeling very lost. Not sure where I wanted to go in life I just knew I wanted success and I wanted it NOW. I could not find happiness in CA; therefore, I moved to Vegas in hopes of living that care free life style that is portrayed in the city of sin. Turns out, happiness is not in Vegas. I have finally realized I need to find my happiness within I just don't know how. Since moving to Vegas I have fallen into a very deep depression. I don't have my family here and I don't have any close friends I could lean on. I spend my evenings at home with my cat Louis. I love to be alone. I don't like putting myself in any situation that could end up awkward for me. I also fear rejection and conflict; therefore, I will avoid it at all cost even if it causes me more personal issues. I struggle with anxiety and depression. The depression wants to keep my home in bed, but the anxiety tells me if I don't go to work I won't make money which will cause more depression. My mind is a disaster. It never stops. I don't even know what "relaxation" means. When I sleep my dreams are so vivid and exhausting. I never feel rested. I'm getting to my breaking point and I don't know what to do. I am on medication: Lexapro, Trazadone, and Xanax. My hope is one day I can battle my inner demons and not need to take these mind altering medications....That is my story. I needed to get it out to people who understand. My family and friends just do not get it and its frustrating.

Thank you for reading!

Nikki :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New and Nervous
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 03:33:42 PM »
Hi Nikki,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

I am sorry you are struggling so hard with depression.  I think you are right about happiness and contentment coming from within.  We can't be truly happy unless we are happy with ourselves.  Do you do to therapy to deal with your issues?  It might be a good idea to learn some tools to cope with the anxiety and the depression.  I hope you can find some help and support here.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: