Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: i found the cure for BFS?  (Read 185 times)

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
i found the cure for BFS?
« on: June 19, 2014, 06:00:08 AM »
Hi all. So i have "post-infectious BFS" is what the neuro said over a year ago and it should go away but it never did. So i have been experimenting the past year to see if anything would help. (By the way, i do not have anxiety, and it happens in internal organs that I have no control over so therefore it not just "in my head" or "perceived". I literally have no control over it. SO I tried lots of things, like non-GMO, gluten free, dairy free, all organic, FODMAPs, no preservatives... nothing worked. Then a miracle happened. I went away for a weekend and didn't eat any fruit or vegetables and the fasciculations became almost non-existant and i didn't have the weird "starving for oxygen" feeling I get (that makes have to sit down and take it easy). So I thought wow what is going on here, am I getting rid of this finally? Then i came back home and ate a bowl of spinach and it started right back up again, the twitching and breathing difficulty and confusion feeling. So then i thought what did I or did I not do while away... and the only thing i did differently was avoid all fruits and vegetables. So then I avoided them again for 3 days. Then I ate some strawberries and carrots and fasiculated really bad and had that weird feeling, i looked down and my leg muscles looked like they were rippling and i didn't even feel it. Very weird. SO then i eliminated all fruits and vegetables for 10 days and I felt awesome during that time period, best i felt in a really long time. Hardly no fasiculations, very clear thinking and energetic, no confusion, no difficulty breathing... just felt on top of the world really. Then i reintroduced and ate a bowl of spinach and felt horrible about an hour later, lots of fasiculations, difficulty breathing, all that crap all over again and it lasted about 3 hours. SO then i stopped again for a few days and then ate some romaine lettuce and same thing again. So here is the thing.. my big triggers are spinach, potatoes, broccoli, all leafy greens it seems to be, strawberries, and nuts especially pumpkin seeds. So, those things are all high in potassium and all high in oxalates. Now, i do know potassium controls muscle function, but oxalates can also cause problems in the body as well. I am not totally sure if it is potassium because i can eat 2 eggs and feel fine and that is like 175 mg potassium, yet if i eat a vegetable with that same amount of potassium i have horrible problems. All fruits and vegetables and nuts should be avoided on low oxalate diet and there is only a few vegetables you can have such as iceberg lettuce (which i am fine with). You can have bottled beer only and no draft beer or guiness (which bottled beer i noticed i am fine with but if it's draft i get really ill and i don't drink much, maybe like once every couple months). If you go on kidney websites you can get good food lists of low oxalate diets and low potassium diets as well. I don't have anything wrong with my kidneys, but low oxalate diet is recommended for people that get kidney stones and low potassium is recommended for people that have renal insufficiency. Anyways, it is significantly helping me where nothing else has. I would be interested if anyone else tries a low oxalate diet and then respond back here and tell me if you as well are significantly better. Sometimes an abundance of healthy food is not so healthy after all...
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: i found the cure for BFS?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 01:00:32 PM »
I don't know what to feel right now op

My mind is blown. Where will your fiber and things come from?

Hmmmm I wonder if this willl help my prostate issues

Thanks for sharing op :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 04:55:48 PM »
This can't be a thing. . . My twitching started when I switched to an all fruit diet. I've been off it since, but seems a little coincidental.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Online Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 08:16:42 PM »
I'm very happy for you, op. I think it's a personal story for each individual. I've seen people have success and failures doing all sorts of stuff. Less anxiety seems to be the best cute for me. Whenever I work a lot or know I'm about to be working a lot, my BFS is in over drive. When Friday comes it's a different story! Keep us updated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 08:31:32 PM »
My phone's shot, by the way, Nolan. I'll try to get a new one soon.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Online Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 12:02:30 AM »
:( I was about to say. I thought you just decided to dip out on me. Get one soon man, miss talking to you. No homo.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tlynn

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 01:40:42 AM »
That is very interesting for sure!  I have had twitching eyelids (both eyes for over two years) along with other stuff mostly GI.  I went to a holistic dr. last fall and she did muscle testing on me and said I was intolerance to sulphur and sulphites.  I followed the diet very loosely (it's very limited) and didn't see any improvement with any symptoms.  I decided to really stick to the diet about a month ago, and within a week all the twitching in both eyelids are gone.  I still can't believe it, but so far so good.  I know that spinach, greens, some fruit, dairy,  preservatives and  tons more are high in sulphur( but so are eggs, so maybe that isn't your case. )

But I just wanted to throw that out there for something to think about.  One thing I was doing was making my own chicken broth (GAPS Diet for GI) and I was living on my own homemade soup, (my nat. dr. told me it was high in sulphur and I didn't believe her) That was the major foods I stopped along with many others, and they finally went away.  I'm going on my second month now and doing much better.  Still have my anxiety issues, but thats a given.  I know everyone is different, so the low oxalate diet might be your answer!  Best of luck to you.
Just to have calm eyes again after two years is worth following this very difficult diet!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: