Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Really worried. :(  (Read 116 times)

Offline Shayden

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Really worried. :(
« on: June 18, 2014, 04:25:40 PM »
I know I have already "talked" about this ( I apologize) but yesterday I went to the doctor because I had something on my tonsil that looked like a pimple, hurts to swallow and that's basically it, it's not huge just smallish, turned out it's not strep it's an bacterial infection on my tonsil or what he called it as an abscess.
Okay you would of thought that I would be just fine all calm and everything, no just no of course my dumb self had to look up the "abscess" that I have, and NOTHING looked like what I had so I searched some more and I came across this one website and it said the treatment etc I saw that the "abscess" can  cause other problems! and the way to treat it is by draining it (my doctor told me nothing about that at all, but of course I still think that I am going to probably die and go threw some type of major panic) I am literally worried out of my mind right now! I am so afraid that the antibiotics wont work and i'm going to have to go threw all of that.. :[
I should've asked him if they where really going to work.. but i felt stupid so I didn't do it.. now I feel like I want to cry because i'm so damn worried about it..  :fragend005:
I'm just confused, it's an abscess so what is this some kind of trial to see if the antibiotics work?! I don't know why my doctor would do that, he said nothing about a "trial" or surgery, nothing, I really really hope the antibiotics work.. i'm just scared shitless.. ugh I don't know am I stressing/ worrying for nothing?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: Really worried. :(
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 07:19:40 PM »
Don't freak out. Once I had a sore throat on one side. I looked in the mirror with a flash light and saw what looked like a pimple with a white head on my tonsil (eww) so took the back end if my tooth brush and pushed on it and it popped. The pain was instantly gone. I freaked out because I swollen what ever came out of it and I thought I ingested some weird infection but I was fine. My friend gets these all the time in her tonsil and can pop them too. I only had it that one time. Our tonsils actually have very small groves and indentations that can become impacted with food and then form almost a pimple pimple type thing. That sounds exactly like what you have.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Really worried. :(
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 07:56:44 PM »
Just take the antibiotics and see how it goes.  Odds are your doctor is better at diagnosing you than a google image search.  It'll probably pop on its own or simply get better.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: