Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bumps on scalp  (Read 108 times)

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bumps on scalp
« on: June 18, 2014, 08:42:53 AM »
I'm older and have had some spots removed from the 'part' area on my scalp a few years ago but they were big enough to easily see, bright colored and sore.

I've found a tiny skin colored bump that I posted a picture of on Medhelp and the derm there said it looked like a benign tumor that tends to run in families and can stay small or fill with skin gunk and just a minor procedure will remove them if they bother you.  So....... yesterday I was checking my scalp for ticks after being out in the woods and feeling something fall on my head and thought I felt a new 'bump'.  It would have been about 1/3rd the size of a pencil eraser.  I spent hours trying to find it again!  BTW, that's about the size of the other spot but on the other side.  My 83 year old mother has numerous bumps on her scalp and her mother had huge lumps that had to be opened and drained because they smelled bad!!!!

I've been doing soooooooo well and the Klonpin has kept me pretty calm on 2 small doses a day.  I had to take 3 doses yesterday and woke up quite nervous. 

I lost my job last week when the company I worked for sold so I can't afford to run to the walk in clinic or go to the derm because I can't afford the co pay.  No unemployment since I was 'independent' and paid on a 1099.  The anxiety returned just about the time I lost my income.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bumps on scalp
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 01:42:28 PM »
I think odd small growths on scalps are extremely normal and common. I have a small flesh like red bump on my scalp that has been there for years. I think it's an angeomia or something. It hasnt changed in many many years. I have panicked over it a few times but I think since it has remained unchanged for years and my young age of 27 it's most likely normal. Try not to worry. If it makes you feel better pay for a walk in or to see your GP. No amount if money is to much for piece of mind.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: