Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lumps on Muscle?  (Read 131 times)

Online shellofabody

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lumps on Muscle?
« on: June 17, 2014, 10:53:06 PM »
It seems like every time I get over one thing, another takes its place.

Im 18, by the way. Recently I've noticed a small lump at the top of my thigh, just next to my groin. Its painless, about dime sized, and cannot be seen or felt unless you press down into the muscle. I'm really worried about tumors or something... This leg aches often and almost feels like I have a pulled muscle a lot of the time. This is felt in other areas of the leg though so Im not sure if it has anything to do with this lump... But Im still worried about it. If anybody has experienced this please let me know.. Ive been fearing sarcoma or some sort of other disease.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Spartan9323

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lumps on Muscle?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 11:08:14 PM »
I've had a small lump on on my thigh near my hip for years and sometimes get aches in my leg. Mine has been there for 8 or more years. My doctor just told me to inform him if it ever changes and it never has.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 11:19:31 PM »
I can't give you an exact answer but from what I am reading from your post, it sounds like the lump is at the top of the muscle where the tendons would be that attach the muscle to the bone.  Tendons can definitely feel lumpy.  I know I can feel that on the tendons behind my knees - and probably could in the same spot you are talking about if I really wanted to feel it (I don't so it doesn't kick start my HA!)  I can tell you that if you have to "press down" into anything then it is probably supposed to be there (that and you will most definitely find something - even something normal).  You probably have some tight muscles (do you workout?  even if you don't, you have anxiety so that automatically means you get muscle tightness somewhere in your body whether you know it or not!).  Although my HA centers on lumps and things like that, I can tell you, if it was your "worst fears", you would have alot more going on with yourself than what you just described.  Anxiety is the heart of the problem.  It is not the "lump" you feel that you need to address, it is the anxiety - also (I have been told this so many times) our bodies are asymmetrical and they are naturally lumpy and noisy and if you poke around, you will always find something - stop poking around!  Hope this helps.
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Online shellofabody

Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 11:41:12 PM »
Honestly, it feels exactly like tight muscles. No i dont work out, I actually think I dont get enough excersize, so I think maybe it might ache from sitting so much.
Bookmark and Share

Online shellofabody

Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 07:25:52 PM »
Hey, I know this is an old post but it's still there. It can actually be seen as a lump on my skin if I lay flat, although I'm not sure if it's gotten any bigger. It's painless, but i can feel it pulsing with my heartbeat. It's also sort of itchy.. I'm very worried this could be some sort of aneurism or something serious. Please help!
Bookmark and Share