Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Hello, something about me  (Read 48 times)

Offline Chagousa

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello, something about me
« on: June 17, 2014, 10:47:00 PM »
Hello, I'm 40, father of two, work with a lot of responsibilities.
My issues started about 2 years ago, while driving back and forward for over 3 hours twice a week, I started to feel something tight in my chest, I don't really recall the exact time this all started but my stress level was high.  To make the story short I have had lots of testing, imaging work, cardiac work, gastro work, ER visits, you name it.  The only two things they found were a tumor in my thyroid (cancer), just by chance while they were investigating the chest issue.  I had surgery and I'm now clear of cancer so far.  The other thing they found is a fusion of the left 6th and 7th ribs...congenital...my luck.
Well I don't know if all the chest issues I'm having come from this fusion, but they don't seem to.  My chest pressure radiates all over the chest, sometimes strong sometimes mild, in the center, towards the left.  It's kind of a dull pressure, gets usually better when I go to bed at night.  If I'm sleeping I usually forget about it but when I wake up the pressure is there to go with me during the day.

The other symptom I've had in the past few months is a kind of tingling in the left foot and left forearm.  Same felling on both, same sensation.  This just started recently, not sure how this is related.

As far as anxiety, my doctor said that my issues are probably anxiety related, she wants me on meds, I'm going to see her about that.  I constantly worry about what I might have, I've been doing a lot of googling about my symptoms just to always be empty handed, have found no real solutions from all my doctor visits or online, that I think adds to my troubles.  Not sure what's going on in my head right now, I was a normal guy about two years ago, I'm really struggling these days, any comments or similar issues would be appreciated, thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello, something about me
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 03:12:03 AM »
Hi Chagousa,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Chest pain is very common to those of us who suffer from anxiety.  I would think that it is possible that the rib issue could add to the pain and discomfort caused by anxiety.  I would never suggest looking up your symptoms online.  The searches always yield the worst case scenarios.  Trusting in your doctors is very important.  Of course be your own advocate and get the care you need, but at a certain point we have to accept some ambiguity with the symptoms and accept that we are ok.  I hope you are able to find some help and support here.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags:

anything