Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Driving Fears: Fainting, wreck, heart attack, while driving. anyone else?  (Read 108 times)

Offline artsyJ

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ok so I was just wondering if anyone else had a fear of fainting in general, but especially while driving! I get sweaty palms, tight throat, and light headedness almost every time I drive! And it isn't my car, I have a very safe, new, fuel efficient vehicle...and I still get nervous while driving. I don't know why! I HAVE to drive so I do it anyway, it would just be nice to enjoy it or at least not worry every time! Any advice?
Bookmark and Share

Offline artsyJ

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Just an update for anyone, I've found that blasting the AC during summer drives helps, also having a bottle of water and playing upbeat music. I also focus on where I NEED to arrive to and all of the people awaiting.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smile161

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
I have a driving fear as well. I don't fear fainting though, just anxious about people around me, people riding my butt, and...well....people lol. I have been in two major car accidents since '09 so I attest most of my anxiety to that. I live in Alaska where driving in winter conditions is roughly a 8 month deal, and because I'm always afraid of sliding, crashing, not being able to stop, rolling over, I almost never drive. It's frustrating! :angry:
Bookmark and Share
It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Tags: