Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I don't know if this will be accepted  (Read 142 times)

Offline dannyc

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I don't know if this will be accepted
« on: June 16, 2014, 10:30:30 PM »
So im wondering if just smoking "mary jane" once would start my anxiety because ever since I did for my first and only time I started having more anxiety and im wondering if "mary jane" had anything to do with it
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 19
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Re: I don't know if this will be accepted
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 11:16:30 PM »
Hi Danny,

I had some friends - that did have some Panic attacks after spending time with "Mary Jane"  :sick0002:

Doctors now know that, indeed there is an ingredient that can cause Panic and Anxiety in some users...

Most people that I personally know didn't have this problem, but there are some people that do!

Here is an article that talks a little about this connection:

Anxiety. Although many recreational users say that smoking marijuana calms them down, for others it has the opposite effect. In fact, the most commonly reported side effects of smoking marijuana are intense anxiety and panic attacks. Studies report that about 20% to 30% of recreational users experience such problems after smoking marijuana. The people most vulnerable are those who have never used marijuana before.

Dose of THC also matters. At low doses, THC can be sedating. At higher doses, however, this substance can induce intense episodes of anxiety.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletters/Harvard_Mental_Health_Letter/2010/April/medical-marijuana-and-the-mind

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline dannyc

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 11:23:31 PM »
Thank you it might be that for my first time I took an awful lot of it for my first time and ever since then ive had anxiety that wont go away
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 11:28:47 PM »
Hi Danny. I have smoked my fair share of it. Some types really relaxed me and other times it did give me some anxiety. It depends what type/strain it is I think. Nowadays ya gotta be careful who you get it from. There are alot of different types of it out there. My suggestion if you have high anxiety I would steer clear of it until you get it under control. I havent smoked it in a couple months bc my anxiety is really high lately. It makes me bummed bc I love it lol.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: