Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I think I'm starting a diet. Would love support!  (Read 90 times)

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
I think I'm starting a diet. Would love support!
« on: June 16, 2014, 03:41:01 PM »
Hi! I posted recently about wanting to lose weight but I'm terrified to do so. I'm petrified of cancer of any kind. It's my main phobia and also is what fuels my HA. To see the scale go down automatically sends me into panic thinking it's cancer causing my weight loss even if I am purposely trying to lose weight. I have never ever lost unexpected weight but during my extreme colon cancer obsession I read stores of people who thought their weight loss was from their recent started diets but it was really late stage cancer.
Well I got on my scale today and I was 130 pounds. I swore once I hit 130 I would diet. I'm 27 years old and right under 5'1 so ideally I should be around 115 pounds maybe 120. I think though maybe weight loss and exercise will help my anxiety? And support or encouragement is appreciated :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
Re: I think I'm starting a diet. Would love support!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 05:53:05 PM »
To see the scale go down automatically sends me into panic thinking it's cancer causing my weight loss even if I am purposely trying to lose weight.

Well Lindsay, I'd say this one fear that you're just going to have to get over. Exercising and achieving a healthy weight are actually two things that help with not only stress and anxiety, but with cancer prevention as well. Don't let the numbers going down on the scale dissuade you—it's actually a good thing. If it helps mentally, don't weigh yourself. And for the love of jeebus, stop reading cancer stories!!!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Tags: