Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Odds on being lymphoma  (Read 121 times)

Offline Gemmal

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Odds on being lymphoma
« on: June 16, 2014, 09:48:46 AM »
I have terrible terrible anxiety over Hodgkin's lymphoma particularly because my nodes hurt when I drink alcohol I'm sure of it .

I can't feel them but I know they're there . Something's not right.

It's been two years and seven months of this hell . I've gained a stone which i suppose is a positive and of course just recently had a clean CBC

My question is in all honesty what do you think my odds are of having this disease ? My minds all over the place today because I just read in the damn daily mail about a man being misdiagnosed for years with skin cancer
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Odds on being lymphoma
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 11:06:43 AM »
If you had Hodgkin's Lymphoma, you would be able to feel your lymph nodes.  According to numerous sources, swelling of the lymph nodes is THE symptom.  Followed by itching, night sweats, (you get the picture).  While you may feel off, the odds of having it are literally slim to none.  Even though your lymph nodes hurt after drinking alcohol, that doesn't mean anything.

You had a clean CBC, you have gained weight (instead of losing it if you had Hodgkin's Lymphona) but you DON'T have lymphoma.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 12:12:10 PM »
Agreed.  Hodgkins is painless lymphadenopathy.  There are always exceptions but that is the general rule. That is the main symptom.  With the length of time you have been worrying about it, a clean CBC I think you are safe to put it to rest.  The alcohol thing really means nothing.

The problem with us though is our anxiety tells us to search for a threat.  So, when we put one fear to rest another pops up its ugly head to take its place.  So, get some help to deal with the anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Offline Gemmal

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 05:06:52 PM »
Thank you both !!! I really needed to hear this !

Life savers :) i must get over this !!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: