Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Afraid that im developing schizophrenia! Please help  (Read 691 times)

Offline healyshouse

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • you cant control the future so dont try
    • Poke This Member
Re: Afraid that im developing schizophrenia! Please help
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2014, 08:06:46 AM »
your story is smilar to mine.. yes its a scary thought but that realy is all it is a unwanted intrusive thought like all the wrest.. ignore it carry on pay it no attention no matter how loud it shouts. yes you will feel worse to begin with as you are not doing anything to bring down the anxiety but it will come down itself with no help from you

when i 1st started with these thoughts with accepetance when i had a schitz thought i would just agree with it thus willing it to prove me wrong.. face the fear and do it anyway.. only way to over come it is to face it as once you face it and you see no matter what the thought is that infact you are completley sane your mind will then let go of that thought as you no longer fear it... yes its hard but not any harder than it already is.
Bookmark and Share
" you will never get better until you stop trying to get better" By Paul David author of " at last a life"

Offline Swedishworry

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2014, 09:14:03 AM »
Yeah thats the way to go i think, but how do i deal with the fear of that my ocd will get so bad so i get locked up or something?
Bookmark and Share

Offline healyshouse

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2014, 11:01:29 AM »
i was the same... agree with it then leave it dont question it let your mind race, by doing this you are facing the what if.... read over the full page that i put a link to there is so much... if you have fcae book search for his page its called anxiety no more.... if you dont have fcae book then click on the blog section on the website as he posts a lot on there on how to face your fear and how to learn to accept

questioning if formed through bad habit,, as in get a thought.. question the thought.. then this causes more anxiety then you get reassurance.. anxiety lowers then you start again...

you need to form a new habit and that is not to question but to leave it alone and carry on with your life with it beside you...

acceptance isnít easy as habits are hard to brake but with time you will form a new habit and that is not to question the thoughts but to see them for what they are

i can remember back when this 1st hit me that i ran to my mothers house crying saying i need locked up but i dont want to be and so on.. its all a false fear

now i ham happy i do what i want when i want regardless of how my anxiety makes me feel..
Bookmark and Share
" you will never get better until you stop trying to get better" By Paul David author of " at last a life"

Offline Swedishworry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2014, 02:00:57 PM »
Okey, i will check it out. But how do you know its anxiety? If i dont have any voices and delusions you will be okey?
Bookmark and Share

Offline healyshouse

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2014, 03:03:30 PM »
what you said sound to me like what i had..

my psychologist said to me if you where psychotic or schitz you wouldnít question the thoughts and say its not real it would be 100% real

also people who have schitz cant rationalise there thoughts cant tell the difference between fiction and fact.

its just anxiety... i used to here a sound then double check if i heard it and if i was hearing things

all anxiety just donít pay it any attention its just am intrusive thought that all

the more you pay it attention the more it will come

the more you donít pay it any respect the fear weakens and it dissipates through time
Bookmark and Share

Offline Swedishworry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2014, 03:54:18 PM »
Did you have muscle twitches? I think they are from the anxiety. I also have headache pretty often when i have derealization, the derealization is pretty mild at the moment and vanish when i focus on something fun.
Bookmark and Share

Offline healyshouse

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2014, 02:42:37 AM »
yes i did...

you have to be willing to accept that everything that is happening is due to your OCD/anxiety... this is crucial as if you are not then you can be trapped in the cycle for ages

accepting anxiety for what it is and all the feeling that comes with it will in fact help reduce your anxiety as with time and practice you stop to question the intrusive thoughts you stop paying them the attention... as its not the thought that causes the anxiety it is the questioning the what if part the makes you want to cry....

i stopped questioning it all and it was hard as it is an automatic response and human nature to want to fight something we think needs to be fixed

dont try fixing it just leave it be no matter how scary the thoughts get donít question them.. donít ask yourself i wonder when i will get better

accept there here and now and that you have anxiety and for the forcible future you will most likely feel this way but be ok with that as it cant hurt you..
Bookmark and Share

Offline Swedishworry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2014, 06:21:11 AM »
Yes, i will try this again, ive done it before and will do it again, if i hasnt become schizophrenic for the last 8 years it probably never gonna happend, but i will try to take the risk and live on and do all the things i like even if i have anxiety. I will propbably come back here but happy midsummer to you!
Bookmark and Share