Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Chronic Sinusitis? - Constant head/face pressure!  (Read 178 times)

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
Chronic Sinusitis? - Constant head/face pressure!
« on: June 16, 2014, 06:06:56 AM »
I'm new to the whole allergy thing, at least severe allergies. This year, I've had constant sneezing, itchy eyes, constant nasal congestion, etc.

Now I feel like I constantly get facial pressure and head pressure along with one-sided headaches and headaches at the back of my head. It gets especially bad when I lay down! Also have a persistent raw throat feeling, almost a phelgmy feeling. Yuck.  :sick0002:

Has anyone got experience with constant sinus headaches and head pressure? Is that what this is and is it anything I should worry about?! I always worry about bacterial infections, though I currently don't have a fever...
Bookmark and Share
Generally afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline Kmj023

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chronic Sinusitis? - Constant head/face pressure!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 11:11:53 AM »
Yes. This does sound like allergies and sinus problems. This is what I have been dealing with.  Tightness in forehead, sometimes the sides will feel pressure and facial pressure. Even sometimes drunk dizzy type of feeling. You could try over the counter meds or see a dr and have sinuses checked.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline Worrier1978

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 07:09:22 PM »
I have this, too. I normally have seasonal allergies, but they're usually stuffy/runny nose, itchy/watery eyes, itchy mouth. This year I've had some of that (but much milder than usual), but mostly sinus pressure & headaches. My ears have been clogged at times & I sometimes feel kinda dizzy, but not really (just off). The sinus pressure moves around...sometimes it's just over my eyebrows, sometimes behind my eyes, sometimes by my ears, sometimes in my cheeks, etc. It is very annoying! I also get the one-sided & back of the head headaches.

I started taking Pseudoephedrine & it really helps. I was taking 30mg in the morning & that was enough until my allergies really kicked in. So now I'm taking 30mg 2-3 times a day, depending on how bad it is. But even that is considered a low dose. They do make 12 & 24 hour versions, which I might consider trying if my allergies keep this up. (I'm trying to take as low a dose as possible because I hate taking anything!) You'll know it's working when your sinuses start draining. Then the pressure finally lets up & you feel almost normal again! Good luck!

PS...have been wanting to say this since I joined & saw your posts...love Bruce Campbell! :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Descent

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 05:14:44 AM »
Wow, glad to hear it's normal! Phew, I was starting to worry about all this random pressure I was getting around my head and the headaches when laying down were worrisome... good to know it's all cause of my persistent nasal congestion.

A doctor has looked at my nose recently, he said it looked kinda inflamed and that it looks "like everybody else's nose around this time".  :P

PS...have been wanting to say this since I joined & saw your posts...love Bruce Campbell! :)

Haha no joke, he's awesome!
Bookmark and Share
Generally afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 06:11:57 AM »
I'm taking that same kind of sudafed so I'm hoping for a relief with the pressure. I had it bad yesterday. I hate that it makes me anxious cause it's only allergies and every morning I wake up and one side of my nose is stuffy and clogged.  I'm about sick of this. I just want some relief.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 06:47:13 AM »
Worrier : how many do you take at a time? I have 30mg also and I take only one at a time instead of two. I'm just like you, always nervous about taking anything new.  When you have pressure, is it always worse when you bend over? The dizzy feeling you describe might be what I get. I feel like I'm drunk. Is that how you kind of feel?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worrier1978

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 07:33:04 PM »
Worrier : how many do you take at a time? I have 30mg also and I take only one at a time instead of two. I'm just like you, always nervous about taking anything new.  When you have pressure, is it always worse when you bend over? The dizzy feeling you describe might be what I get. I feel like I'm drunk. Is that how you kind of feel?

I take one at a time. I know it says you can take 2, but I'm nervous about taking that much. I've been taking 1 in the morning when I wake up & 1 in the evening. On really bad days, I take 1 mid-day, too. It definitely helps, but everyone is different. There are days I'm tempted to take 2 at a time, but I'm seriously too much of a wuss! I just deal with it. Can't wait for allergy season to end....

Yeah, when there's pressure, bending over (or laying down) doesn't always feel the greatest. Especially with bending over, the pressure increases. I recently started a yoga stretch routine, which I do every morning, and the ones where I have to put my head down suck because the allergy meds haven't kicked in yet!

And (this is really sad because I'm in my mid-30s), but I've actually never been drunk (just not a drinker!), so I can't say for sure, BUT I imagine it's pretty damn similar. Sometimes I feel "off balance" (for lack of a better description). It's not like the room spins, I don't feel faint, I don't have trouble with my balance, etc., but things just feel off. It started happening just before my ears were clogged, which was when my allergies kicked in (late April). Around the same time, a lot of people on here were posting with similar symptoms & some of them had been to the doctor, who said it was allergies. It's really weird & I can't wait for it to finally go away. Ugh....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 08:12:29 PM »
Yep.  I'm a wus too that's why I only take one at a time.

The pressure really sucks for me also.

Yes, it's not a dizzy or faint feeling, things just seem off. Sometimes like a brain fog and when I say drunk it feels more like I've been drugged. Like spacey. I hate it.

I hear that tons of people have had a lot of sinus and allergy problems this year. I would not worry about it so much if I didn't have stupid anxiety along with it.
Bookmark and Share