Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Ladies only...  (Read 252 times)

Offline PsalmSeven

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ladies only...
« on: June 15, 2014, 08:09:33 PM »
I'm quite nervous about a gyno appointment I have tomorrow. It will be my first one in 8+ years. I'm 29 and have been spotting lightly between periods for several months (just here and there, not a lot). Occasional light cramping too. I'm worried they'll find something bad, like cancer, even though the symptoms are not severe. I've heard ovarian cancer is a silent killer with barely noticed symptoms. What I'd like to know is could this be "normal"? Could there be nothing wrong with me? Or is it more likely a cyst or cancer or some kind of hormone imbalance that will need to be treated? I'm as terrified of surgery as I am of disease...
Bookmark and Share

Offline jilllayy

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ladies only...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 09:01:19 PM »
Could be normal. Some woman spot around ovulation time. I dont think cancer though at all
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 09:52:27 PM »
You could have mild bleeding during ovulation...also, endometriosis or follicular cysts that rupture mid cycle.  They usually prescribe low dose birth control pills to treat this.  I'm sure you'll be fine...God bless.
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 10:58:54 PM »
Could be cysts - they cause ALL KINDS of fun, weird things to happen.  They're harmless though. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 11:22:52 PM »
Def tell them about it and don't be alarmed if they send you for an ultrasound, and if they don't say anything about an U/S request one! I was having mid cycle spotting as well. Turns out I have a couple benign issues going on. There are a lot of BENIGN things that can cause the spotting, rarely is it C. Let us know what they say!
Bookmark and Share

Offline PsalmSeven

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 11:41:11 PM »
Thanks everyone. I'll try not to panic too much by reminding myself that it's probably something benign... And Amy I'll take your advice and make sure they do an ultrasound. My mom thinks I do have cysts because a lot of women in our family get them. Problem is they ended up needing surgery...something I really, really hope to avoid. :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline PsalmSeven

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 08:30:59 PM »
Ok, so it isn't cancer...or any kind of abnormal growth. Yay! I do have hormone issues though, and low iron, but those are easily treated. I guess now it's time for me to feel foolish for being afraid of nothing. I'm glad I got it checked though. This anxiety is awful.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 08:41:01 PM »
Ok, so it isn't cancer...or any kind of abnormal growth. Yay! I do have hormone issues though, and low iron, but those are easily treated. I guess now it's time for me to feel foolish for being afraid of nothing. I'm glad I got it checked though. This anxiety is awful.

wow how did you find out so quickly about the hormones and iron? i think it took my lad like 3 days.... I have low iron too. Just finished 5 iv infusions for it because I could not tolerate oral iron pills due to IC.

I am glad you are relieved!!!!!! :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline Anxious Brit

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 12:33:10 AM »
So pleased that it was ok
Bookmark and Share

Offline PsalmSeven

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 12:13:51 PM »
I dunno Leah, they took some blood and I had to wait a little while, then the doc came in and did the exam and explained what was going on. He didn't even want to do an ultrasound or anything (yeah, I didn't get one, because he was so convinced I'm fine). I do have a follow-up appointment though to make sure the iron is working.

Sorry to hear you had trouble with the pills... I bet you feel better after the infusions though. Does it give you more energy?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: