Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: SOME symptoms of how anxiety affects people  (Read 2003 times)

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: SOME symptoms of how anxiety affects people
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2014, 06:40:14 AM »
Sixpack your words of wisdom never cease to amaze me. You are such an asset to this site.

I think for the first time in three years I finally have my anxiety under control (for the most part). I never want to feel the way I did - low is an understatement. I was tested to no end and finally after a series of extremely stressful neurologist visits that ended in June, I think I reached rock bottom.  Leaving that final appointment with no diagnosis I finally realized that I couldn't go on suffering the way I had been. I think at that moment I stopped being perpetually horrified - a sense of calm and acceptance just came over me. I hope I never feel that awful again.

Sixpack, I want you to know that you helped me a lot through those three years. I really didn't think I was going to make it. Thank you.

greend--

I am glad you are doing better.   ;D   AND I am glad some of my words were helpful to you.

Anxiety and the physicality of it all can be quite  vexing, for sure.   I've been through it   :yes:   I still get symptoms from stress/anxiety at times.  The trick is not allowing the anxious thinking to make it worse.  and, yeah, it isn't really a trick.  tricks are easy, lol.  Learning how to deal with what got you into an anxietal mess and stopping the bad behaviors isn't easy BUT it is what gets you better 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: