Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: feeling sick  (Read 85 times)

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
feeling sick
« on: June 15, 2014, 03:01:48 PM »
Anyone ever just feel sick from anxiety? I'm feeling sick right now , I don't want to get out of bed, I feel like either I have something or I'm coming down with something. If I were to see a doctor right now and he were to ask me to describe my symptoms to him, the best I would be able to give is feeling sick, a slight headache and just a little nauseous. I know I dont have anything and its just anxiety because I'm running no fever, I don't feel weak, I'm not even tired, I'm not dizzy, I don't have a runny or stuffy nose, and no nodes are swollen. I just feel sick. Anyone relate?
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 56
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: feeling sick
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 05:58:41 PM »
Hi,

I am quite familiar with that feeling and, for me, it has been provoked by anxiety. I think what happens is that the gut and head are physically interrelated through a series of nerve paths . . . someone once explained this to me using "medical" terminology . . . in the past, I have suffered from irritable bowel syndrome which hits me when anxiety is getting a bit higher than manageable . . . .it's almost, again for me, an excuse to stay in bed and not deal with whatever is going on . . .fortunately, I am able to manage my anxiety (not 100% of the time but I am doing a lot better) .. . . as for suggestions, and you have to decide what is best for you, but I would start by getting out of bed and staying up for even 30 minutes at a time . . .something to break the pattern . . . also, would there be something happening right now that is provoking the anxiety?? It seems that your symptoms are based in anxiety or anticipating something that may happen . . . sorry I could not be of more help, but I would say give it a try and get up and out of bed and do something to distract yourself and, eventually, try to figure out the trigger so you can deal with it . . .take care, let us know how you are doing . . .kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: feeling sick
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 06:12:29 PM »
Hey. That makes sense. I did force myself out of bed and I started feeling better. I'm not feeling sick anymore besides the slight headache. Its just that it happens too often. But I'm all better for now. Thanks !
Bookmark and Share

Tags: