Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: please tell me im over reacting I really hope I am  (Read 202 times)

Offline jonatron5

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
please tell me im over reacting I really hope I am
« on: June 15, 2014, 10:45:17 AM »
Hey guys I got a weird one that's gonna make me sound crazy. Ive lead a very sedimentary lifestyle for the past 19 years and recently got a job that involves intense manual labor in the sun. Well aboi the time I started this job I also started having what I describe as heart palpitations. I really dont feel as if its stress induced it usually only happens when I am not working so had like after work. It feels like im fone not worried at all then bang out of no where my heart goes boom then it beats rapidly a few times since im startled and goes back to normal. I get sick to the stomach from fear anytime this happens. I have seen my primary care physician and he assured me there wasnt anything to it and everyone gets them from time to time. I then still worried about it w hent to my pediatrician (im 19) and she seemed to think that it was perfectly normal and that just to was my mind I should have tests done. I did blood test chest xray and ekg. All came back perfectly normal. My concern is that if I didnt have a palpitations while I was hooked up to the ekg then it really wouldn't know the difference. I've made an emergency call 3 times now to my psychiatrist who assures me its anxiety.

My mom and I are about at our wits end here. I really need some advice. Im afraid I might have an arythmia or afib.

And she is convinced im suffering from ocd/hypercondria. And that its all just in my head.

Im a 19 year old male ive been to doctors all my life. Get little excersie I have legitimately diagnosed anxiety disorders. Im on cymbalta for it. I used to do a lot of caffine but since this has happend ive been cutting it darn near cold turkey.

To be fair like I do fit every textbook symptom/cause of hypercondria. And that eases my mind but then I get another palpitations and its back to square one.

Im considering asking for a stress test or a 24 hour heart monitor even though all 3 of my doctors and my parents say its ridiculous and there's no reason to do it.

Im serioisly loosing sleep over this.

Im scared to death I just want it to stop....

just visited my psychiatrist and she has told me that these are panic attacks. And they are definitely stress related so I suppose that would affect it as well

I work at walmart pushing carts and  and at night they literally wont let us leave until we fill up the rack but last night becuase it was fathers day weekend people where piling in and I couldn't keep up at around 1020 last night I had to get the manager to call for me some help. With three guys gout there each pushing two or three loads of buggies non stop we managed to get done in time. But I was freak in out so hard and working so fast I really got nervous and had a heart palp again and thats what got me thinking about all this.

I do have diagnosed anxiety issues maby this is just them surfacing else where. It scares me so bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AlyAmy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: please tell me im over reacting I really hope I am
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 11:25:27 AM »
Hi  :action-smiley-065:

It definitely sounds like anxiety, I get exactly the same thing you describe, even when I feel like im not worried, it still happens, it feels like my heart is fluttering or beating really fast/hard randomly.  Ive been having it for a few years now and I know its anxiety. The more you worry about it happening, the more it will happen because youre anxious. Try to stay calm when it happens and take some deep breaths,  wait for it to pass and remember its only anxiety, you are fine and nothing is going to happen to you. The fact that you have jjst started a new job can definitely add to it, the stress of a new job can make anxiety worse, thus causing palpitations. Just relax and remember you are fine, eventually they will happen less and less.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 01:08:12 PM »
Two common causes of palpitations are stress and fatigue/dehydration/overwork. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline purkinje

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 03:59:02 AM »
I started a new job about 10 months ago, and since then I've experienced the symptoms you describe pretty closely as well. The weird thing about the heart symptoms is that it doesn't get triggered by anything obvious or immediate. I had a pretty recent anxiety attack while I was relaxing on the couch -- fine one second, rapid/pounding heart beat the next.

I'm still learning to deal with this anxiety and the stress of a new job.

Best wishes and I hope you overcome your anxiety issues.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: