Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bloating/dyspepsia, indigestion, diarrhea for days unprovoked  (Read 349 times)

Offline snew13

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello,
I'm a 24 year old, healthy male. I've had bloating/dyspepsia, indigestion and diarrhea for 3 days straight now. I eat very healthy. I feel slightly nauseated but no other symptoms. My stomach makes a lot of different sounds, as it seems to be trying to digest things. No matter what I eat, I become extremely bloated and none of my food digests. I can't even eat. If I don't eat, I'm really low energy but if I do eat (even small anounts), I get super bloated and it almost pushes on my chest area (I'm already a heart worrier). I'm REALLY worried that this is some kind of terrible disease. I had this once before (way worse than this; I had incontinence from this) and it ended up passing (by the next week, I felt the complete opposite of bloated and everything seemed to "cycle" out of my body). I just completed my first year as a teacher and am on summer break so I have no idea why this would happen. I'm not throwing up, I don't have a fever, and don't have any other symptoms. Sometimes I get tachycardia an palpitations but instead it's like my body traded those for these stomach problems?? I'm so worried, I just want to be able to be normal again. I'm afraid this will continue. My lower back has been sore since I started doing deadlifts again. I'm not sure if the two are related. Could it be a stomach bug or a parasite? I'm praying really hard for God to keep me strong. Any advice, support, or encouragement?
Bookmark and Share

Online modestaustin811

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • blah
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bloating/dyspepsia, indigestion, diarrhea for days unprovoked
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 10:42:06 AM »
You sound a lot like me, did you find an answer to this? or are you still dealing with it?
Bookmark and Share
I'm not on any medication, not seeing a therapist, and I hate life.

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 11:02:17 AM »
Very likely a stomach bug. Keep well hydrated, avoid dairy other than perhaps some Greek yogurt or activia yogurt, avoid fried heavy foods, stick to rice, apple sauce, other bland foods. See your doc if you're not feeling better in another week or if new symptoms develop.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 11:50:08 AM »
If you've gotten over it before, you can get over it again and I'm sure you will! Perhaps it's just a bug?
Bookmark and Share

Offline snew13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 08:09:40 AM »
It's gone away but I still deal with bloating and food going straight through me, resulting in some weight loss. I've had this before so hopefully it'll pass. It's probably subconscious anxiety from going back to work (I'm a teacher in my 2nd year).
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 11:34:16 AM »
Try eating greek yogurt.....the probiotics may help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bluespark

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 08:27:41 AM »
Having the same problem, it was hard... Don't know what to do to get rid of stomach issues. Seen a number of doctors. There is no serious problem.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 09:01:03 AM »
snew, have you seen a Gastro for your problems? 

Your original post really concerns me.  I had the bloating, indigestion, food not digesting, got constipated, couldn't even pass gas and would go to a more liquid or soft diet and it would get better.  I'd eat normally and it began again.  The food felt like it was trapped and couldn't enter my intestines.  I even threw up undigested food. 

I had a minor bowel obstruction from a cancerous polyp (Stage IIIB colon cancer). 

If this happens again, please go to the ER or a Gastro and ask for a colonoscopy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline snew13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 03:18:47 PM »
Ihadcancer, I have not seen a gastro for my problems. I recently had blood work done and everything was fine. I also had a GI test (tube/camera in my stomach) 8 years ago for stomach issues and everything was fine. The problem has pretty much subsided. My appetite's been low and my bowel movement schedule and digestive system has been working oustanding lately (almost TOO good!). I've probably lost a little bit of weight but this same thing happened last year at the same time when I first started my current job. I've never thrown anything up, just felt a little bit nauseous at times and have dry-heaved but those days are pretty much over (I had all of that last year when I had severe, severe anxiety). I think most of this is anxiety but I feel better venting online here.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 06:24:23 PM »
What made it go away?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Melissa100

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 08:39:02 PM »
I have stomach issues and that mainly triggers my anxiety. It started all last year when I had h. Pylori bacteria. I had to do endo/ colonascopy so thats how they figured out that I had bacteria. But i still have bunch of stomach issues. I had 5 months of stomach issues before I got to do all of those tests. That could be just a bug that will go away in a few days.  Take some good probiotics.
Bookmark and Share

Offline snew13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 04:58:12 PM »
Nothing really made it go away. I tend to become bloated and hungry at the same time a lot. It's just really making my anxiety bad, it's all I can think of (every day's differen though). I've had times when I've taken lots of probiotics and fiber supplements but with still no relief. I've been battling stomach issueson and off for about 8 years now (mostly with constipation).
Bookmark and Share

Tags: