Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: is it just anxiety?  (Read 273 times)

Offline chunkymonkey

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
is it just anxiety?
« on: June 15, 2014, 02:16:14 AM »
so for the past few months, ive been having way too many symptoms. First of all, 4 months ago, i started having dull aching pain above my right eyeball. Went to the dr few times and thought it was sinus related, cluster headache. But medications didnt work. Went to optometrist and nothing was found. Then I started having a lot of twitching all over the body and so i thought it was anxiety related. and then I started getting dizziness, buzzing in feet, tremor and again believed its all anxiety related. For the past few weeks, i've been getting joint pain in my knees, arm muscle ache, my right eye is way blurrier than my left, seeing flashing blue spots, waking up to feet and finger cramps. Then 3 days ago, i woke up and my right side of my face felt pain to the touch with shooting pains in my lower jaw. Of course i had to google this and it said trigeminal neuralgia and it occurs when there is compression of blood vessel in the brain or its a sign of MS or BT. *****... now im freaking out that all these symptoms ive been having is something worse than just anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: is it just anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 03:07:28 AM »
Have you ever heard of Cluster Headaches? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_headache if not, you should look it over. It has the symptoms you describe. Unlike neuralgia, its not by itself dangerous. Though it is horrible. The worst part about them is that its basically impossible to test for. So if you had them, it wouldn't be obvious to a doctor right away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline chunkymonkey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 03:12:24 AM »
Yea i do have cluster headaches and had them before but it never gave me shocking pain on my lower part of the face. The cluster headaches only gives me dull ache in my eyes. But the shocking pain in my face is a new symptom
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 07:23:30 AM »
I am soooo amazed  when people say "is it just anxiety.  Like anxiety is nothing!  I mean look how negatively it impacts lives.  Look at how much joy it sucks from lives.  Look at how much discomfort it causes in the body.  Anxiety is not a JUST.   Continual stress and anxiety is tough on a body.

have you seen the symptom list that floats around on this site?  If not go to my profile, i have it linked on there.

now on to your face pain.  My bro in law (psychologist who specializes in helping people manage chronic pain like headaches)  calls them trigeminal migraines.  whether you are having that or not, idk, but he says they are common.  I've had them a few times lasting a week or two with varying degrees of severity.  The last time was 3yrs ago.  OMG it hurts.  The pain is bad.  I can barely open my mouth (and no I don't grind my teeth or have tmj).  I have shocks, numbing, shooting pain, etc.  the last time I had one I had leftover muscle relaxants from a hamstring injury.  thank goodness  it stopped the pain.  I still get behind the right eye headaches but no more of the whole side of my face.   What brings these on is acute stress or runaway anxiety in me.     It seems pretty apparent that you are living anxiously so your nervous system is amped up, which makes you a prime target for physical pain stemming from your emotional state.

Don't under estimate what the mind and worry or ruminating can do to a body.  Sadly, it doesn't get better until anxiety or stress is addressed and then properly managed.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline chunkymonkey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 12:42:11 AM »
Sixpack: did you go to the dr about the facial pain? I read online that trigeminal neuralgia is not caused by anxiety and thats what im scared about. I didnt have anymore facial pain after that day but im still woried. Have you gotten an mri or ct scan? And what was your facial pain like? Everytime i touched my right side of my face it would hurt ans i got shooting pains in my lower jaw
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 03:13:52 AM »
I have a headache over right eye now and back of head. My left eye is not blurry but right one is. I have dizzy headedness and after talking to a friend I may have another sinus infection. I'm also nauseas from the dizzy head.

My cousin was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia. It almost sounds like that but from what she told me is that her pain was so severe that it was ice picking pain. She could not sleep, she could not focus at work. She said it felt like someone was taking an ice pick and stabbing her in the ear and it going thru her face. She said it was torture and she does not have anxiety disorder. She also lost a bit of feeling next to her ear. She's being treated for it after MRI and it was clean of course. 

As for other symptoms she didn't have. So that could be anxiety or something benign. If you have not seen a doctor, it would not hurt to go get checked out.

Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Tags: