Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: World Cup anyone??  (Read 123 times)

Offline dannyc

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
World Cup anyone??
« on: June 15, 2014, 12:54:41 AM »
Just wondering if anyone here is watching the world cup to cope with anxiety and what you think of the games recently?

Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 162
    • Poke This Member
Re: World Cup anyone??
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 05:50:16 AM »
Holland look as good as they always do at the start of every big competition. They are the greatest team to never have won the World Cup. Lost in the final 3 times. Some great teams over the years. But they never seem to last the pace. Hammering of Spain was typical of the Dutch in the early stages. But they showed signs of weakness at the back as well. Be interesting to see as the weeks go by. Spain were a big let down. Though they lost their first game at the last World Cup too and went on to win the cup. Question is, have they reached and gone by their peak? Lot of old players as far as football years go. Brazil will be there come the end of the day. Not saying they were great. They think they have to put on a show for the home fans. Might be their biggest mistake. Rather win a poor game one to nil and keep my players fit, than go flat out and give it all and burn the players out. Italy got the result I expected. They grind out results. But Italian football has been going downwards over the past few years. England just have to try and get on with it. Next match is important for them. Ukraine. Who I watched in a friendly and I thought were a very bad team. I would expect England to win that game. South American teams do well in South America as a rule. They are used to the conditions. We look forward to seeing what Argentina have to offer. Germany are always another team who know how to make finals. Interesting to see them play as well. What they play like. Oddly a lot of people are tipping Belgium. Sort of an outside bet. Another team I look forward to watching. To see are they as good as people are saying. Too early to say who will do what as of yet.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline dannyc

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 09:44:20 AM »
I personally think Germany might take it home this time  around but since its in South America its more likely a south American team will take it this year. Other strong favorites would be like you said the Netherlands or the dark horse of Belgium.
Bookmark and Share

Offline radiance_94

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 03:07:33 AM »
Yes, i love the world cup!! I watched it today and it helped me relax alot.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: