Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Colon cancer  (Read 248 times)

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Colon cancer
« on: June 14, 2014, 11:47:02 PM »
Well, it's about time I hopped on this bandwagon, eh? 

For a while now I've been having pelvic pain that feels like gas when I lie down, especially if I've eaten recently.  Recently it's started happening whenever I eat.  I have gas that smells like something rotting - sorry to be gross; I've gotten this on rare occasions in the past but now it's constant and hard to not notice.  I also have intense fatigue - I sleep forever and am always ready to fall back asleep at a moment's notice - and shortness of breath when I'm not really exerting myself.  I wrote it off as IBS/anxiety, and for a while wondered if I was becoming lactose intolerant, but the location of the pain and the constant horrible rotting smell make me worry.  What I eat doesn't seem to make a difference. 

Gastro time or am I being silly?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
Re: Colon cancer
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 04:45:44 AM »
Hmm. As a fellow IBSer, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was just IBS/Anxiety.

Do you have a family history of colon cancer? If not, then I don't see too much reason to worry... though the intense fatigue seems a lil odd.

My IBS pain can be both random and persistent. For a while I was constantly getting IBS pain around my gallbladder area and then after a couple days it finally moved on to other places, so I'm guessing it wasn't actually my gallbladder acting up. It can be tricky like that.
Bookmark and Share
Generally afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 11:53:39 AM »
None that I'm aware of, so it would be quite unusual for me to have colon cancer at this age.

I suppose the fatigue could be unrelated, but it does concern me, since I've had no medication changes, etc, recently.  I'm getting blood test results back from my gyn this week, so that should give me some insight to my iron levels.  Guess I'll take it from there, though my IBS is so disruptive to my life I really should see a gastro at some point anyway, on the chance that there's something that can be done for it. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 02:52:31 PM »
Absolutely nothing you posted sounds Lille CC! NOTHING. It sounds like IBS or you might possibly even need to add a probiotic to your diet to help with pain or gas. Defiantly not colon cancer friend!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 09:22:18 PM »
Thanks for your input!  I haven't had luck with probiotics before but maybe I haven't been taking the right ones.  There are SO MANY and I just kinda picked randomly.  I may need to meet with a gastro at some point to deal with my IBS anyway - getting tired of not being able to eat outside my home in case of disaster! - but hopefully I'll worry less in the meantime. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 09:41:35 PM »
Try kefir yogurt. 6 oz in morning and 6 at night. Only get it from an organic market or place like farm fresh. Nt sure how well walmart keeps there stuff at the right temp. Kefir has to stay below a certain temp to mot kill off the helpful probiotics.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 06:00:50 AM »
If your IBS is being super disruptive then yes, I very much recommend probiotics. They helped me out quite a bit, particularly with spasms and pain.

It's hard finding the right ones though. I've taken ones that didn't do too much, gave me constipation, etc. It's easy to take too much or too little depending on your situation. Multi-strains are typically best.

Luckily as a female, you have access to a certain drug for IBS. I don't remember what the name of it is...
Bookmark and Share
Generally afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Tags: