Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: When you have a headache, does it affect your vision?  (Read 90 times)

Offline freakycat

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
When you have a headache, does it affect your vision?
« on: June 14, 2014, 09:54:26 PM »
I have a headache right now and I feel that my eyes aren't as strong as they normally are (yes, i wear glasses), and this is not the first time that it has happened. These headaches affect my vision and makes my eyelids very... droopy? where I just want to close my eyes because it hurts.

Does anyone else have headaches where it bothers their vision?

I just don't want it to be serious or something... I have a SERIOUS fear of going blind in which this does not help at all!

Edit: I've also had a loss of balance today. When I walk, I feel like I'm walking all over the place and i'm tipsy but really im still walking straight. My mind feels like it's all over the place. I can't think straight.  if this makes any sense....
Bookmark and Share
"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." - Confucius

Offline ENGR

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: When you have a headache, does it affect your vision?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 11:16:49 PM »
Sounds like a migraine, I haven't had one in a while, but they use to make my vision blurry. I would say that your fear of going blind is definitely exacerbating your eye symptoms, if not causing them. As for your dizzy / loss of balance / feeling like you're not walking straight even though you are / not being able to think straight all happens to me and pretty frequently. To me it seems like you just have / had a headache that set off some anxiety. Most of your symptoms are most likely caused by your anxiety or atleast magnified 80x by your anxiety. Of course i'm not a doctor, but everything you've described for the most part i've gone through (and much much more). Just try to relax and think happy thought. Note: I also get bad headaches if I don't eat enough food or drink enough water if that could be a reason for you to get a headache in the first place.

Feel better and God bless, ENGR  :bigsmile: 
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 12:06:00 AM »
Migraines are known to affect vision.  Consult your doctor. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 12:09:33 AM »
Migraine Associated Vertigo matches your symptoms. Migraines can easily cause visual disturbances, sometimes ridiculous ones like rainbow zigzags and sometimes ones that just feel a bit off or wrong. Vertigo makes you feel off balance. You could see a doctor if it gets bad or you need peace of mind, but it really does sound like the migraine associated vertigo I get, except I'm used to it so it doesn't terrify me anymore.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: