Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: This time I know I'm dying  (Read 479 times)

Offline mkgirl01

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
This time I know I'm dying
« on: June 14, 2014, 08:00:16 PM »
So around Easter I started getting pain in my upper gastric area in the middle .... They would come and go I'd have frequent gas burping change in stool diarriah constipation feel like I need to go but can't.... Well went to doctors had blood test and sonogram of abdomin and nothing was found everything is normal... Maybe three weeks after pai went away for 2 weeks until today it's back!!!!!! I'm having pain again same place come and go diarriah and now I'm having little rabbit turds as I'd call then..... The pain is about a 6 at worst when it comes !!!

I went to gi cause I had diarriah 14 times in a row.... I'm terrified they checked for inflammation through a blood test and it was normal

I'm scared I'm dying!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: This time I know I'm dying
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 08:51:51 PM »
You may feel like your dying (been there done that) but gastric pain and diarrhea and constipation are common anxiety symptoms, and I found that when I was trying to raise the dose of Lexapro I was on last year when my latest episode began I had even more problems till my body adjusted.  I am still having some setbacks, but my stomach is usually okay, maybe because I take a small dose of remeron at night, it tends to ease the stomach stuff that other meds like the pristiq I am on right now can aggravate. I had an endoscopy recently (was fine) and a colonoscopy about 4 years ago, and it found nothing.  Plus I've had an abdominal cat scan with and without contrast last summer b/c I was losing weight, well it is the anxiety that does this to me.  When I am feeling better I either stabilize or gain a few pounds, so don't underestimate the power of anxiety to do all kinds of weird things to our digestive systems.  FWIW this is round three for me, and I had similar stomach issues along with other physical and mental unpleasantness in the two prior attacks, but I didn't die then (though the panic attacks that heralded the first two episodes but not this one--this time it was just crazy anxiety for days after, oddly enough, some bad abdominal cramping-were very convincing, in fact during the first episode they kept me in the icu for two days after a second panic attack and two more days in the hospital before they released me, and that was a long time ago and I didn't die then and that was 26 years ago).  I hope this helps some small bit, I still have my particular HA fears but so many of us have been down this road before, so you are not alone and you will eventually overcome this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mkgirl01

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 10:27:00 PM »
I'm kinda scared cause I started meds for ibs yesterday and today I had some pain pressure and diarriah twice
Bookmark and Share

Offline mkgirl01

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 07:54:23 AM »
Please help anyone I literally can't take it anymore
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 08:28:35 AM »
I would guess that IBS meds might have side effects LIKE diahrea and what not. Youll be fine. Just take that medication and wait for it too work. Eat more fiber so you get your rabbit turds again lol. Its nothing. Sounds like IBS thats it. Youll be ok... alot alot alot of people with anxiety have it including myself. 
Bookmark and Share

Online thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 03:44:37 PM »
How can you possibly construe these symptoms as the harbingers of doom?

Anxiety causes GERD/reflux in a LOT of people.

You're fine. Just because your stomach hurts a bit and you have diarrhea does not mean you're dying.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline samandthecity

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 09:55:31 PM »
Oh my gosh girl, relax! You are NOT dying! I am so sorry you're going through this, I just had a horrible flare up myself which I'm finally just getting over thanks to a normal CT scan. It's so awful to feel that way. I also had two weird episodes of GI problems over the last few months, one that actually lasted an entire month. I'm guessing that if you started meds for IBS, that your doctor thinks you have IBS, no? So I'm sure that's all it is. Health anxiety is the WORST! Try to distract yourself and not focus on the symptoms so much. I know, way easier said than done. I hope you feel better soon!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: