Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: TMI: Blood droplets on sheet after sex  (Read 268 times)

Offline nervousnell

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
TMI: Blood droplets on sheet after sex
« on: June 14, 2014, 02:19:12 PM »
Sorry TMI…but my hubby and I had sex last night and this morning I found some blood drops on the sheets. Of course I immediately went into a panic. They were kind of low down and I don't think we were, um, positioned right in that spot, but I've convinced myself that we must have been. They looked like straight droplets, not like they had been mixed with any kind of fluid. There was NO trace of blood of any kind in the underpants I put on right afterward, so a logical person would have concluded that the bleeding did not come from me, but as goes without saying I am anything but logical.  :sprachlos020: Even when I manage to calm myself down and convince myself that it did not come from me I am convinced that it came from my husband and that he has blood in his semen, with all the scary things that implies.

Our dog climbed up on the bed last night and I suppose he could have had a cut on his paw or something, but I would think we would have seen it?

Really scared here. Please help.

Bookmark and Share

Offline firewife

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: TMI: Blood droplets on sheet after sex
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 02:36:56 PM »
Ok I'm trying to phrase is in the most politically correct way i can. Were you dry or uhm moist during intercourse?  If you were dry that could be why. Is it close to your menstruation?  Like a few day? Did he hit the spot where a doc will preform an episiotomy when having a baby? And, did you clean yourself after sex. Sperm can irritate skin and cause you to itch while sleeping. Did you shave legs or your hmm hmm before sex? Hope this helps eliminate some fear. A few droplets aren't anything to worry about. Remember we women bleed for 5 to 7 days every month and we're fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nervousnell

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 02:42:50 PM »
I was a bit dry so maybe that could have been it…I just can't figure out, if it was me, why there would not have been any trace at all in my underpants. I went thru early menopause so I do not get periods anymore.

My worries are made worse by the fact that my last gyno exam and Pap was 18 mos ago.
Bookmark and Share

Offline firewife

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 03:18:24 PM »
How long ago did you go through early menopause.  My mother spotted at random times for a few years after menopause.  I've spotted like that after sex before and it was never on my undies. Sometimes I would wipe after and clean and ther would be just a little blood and it usually just irritation. If it hasn't happened since then I think evrrything is all fine and roses. Its not abnormal for post menopausal women to spot during or after sex.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nervousnell

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 03:22:21 PM »
UGH. Still freaking out! We had sex again a couple weeks ago and there was a little stinging/burning during sex, then just the tiniest droplet (I mean tiny) of fresh blood on the toilet tissue afterward. The next time we had sex after that was normal, then today we had sex again (with plenty of lube) and there was a small dark brown-red smudge. Only one, then the TP was clean and clear. I can't figure this out and I'm terrified. :-( The logical side of my brain says it is vaginal irritation, hormonal weirdness, etc. The HA side says it's uterine cancer or worse. I am only 38, not in a high risk age group but that is not reassuring me.

I have always had normal Paps and negative HPV so I'm not that worried about cervical cancer but of course my mind is going, what if???

Please help me calm down. Seriously scared.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 04:21:58 PM »
I don't want to be too graphic here, but certain positions can cause the cervix to be irritated and bleed a tiny bit. I have read this, but have also had it happen. This can also happen if things are a bit too "vigorous".  :-*

If you need more of an explanation, I can PM you. I would be willing to bet this is all it is.
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline nervousnell

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 05:23:53 PM »
Ceh - please do PM me! Thank you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 05:42:03 PM »
OK- sent!
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline nervousnell

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 12:10:35 PM »
Have mostly talked myself off the cliff (with thanks to those of you who have reassured me) but I made the mistake of Googling. WHY did I do that??? I go from thinking it's a simple case of vaginal or cervical irritation to being convinced it's uterine cancer. I also have been having some slight burning during urination and a faint stinging sensation during sex even with lube. My husband said the perineal area looked a little red and irritated. Anyone else would think vaginal dryness. Totally logical due to my early menopause and low estrogen. But of course my first thought was "vaginal cancer." Ridiculously rare, right? No consolation.

I am still kicking myself for skipping last year's gyn checkup. In fall 2012 I had a complete exam and a transvaginal ultrasound and everything was fine, also have always had normal Paps…but I can't stop thinking something horrible has developed in the past 2 years.

The worst part is that I am on what should be a relaxing family vacation right now and can't completely wind down and enjoy it because of this horrible anxiety. :-(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: