Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Palpitations and Bloating....????  (Read 77 times)

Offline carolina girl

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Palpitations and Bloating....????
« on: June 13, 2014, 03:18:54 PM »
 Hello to all my anxiety friends!  I am once again searching for some reassurance.... I have had heart palpitations for several years and have worn heart monitors and had EKGs.  I was diagnosed with have premature atrial contractions or PACs.  I had a normal heart Echocardiogram and normal lab values.  However,  it is recently starting to bother me and seems to be getting a little worse as I am having more frequent palpitations.  It seems to be related to having gas or being bloated.  Occurs more after I eat and at times it actually races rather fast after I eat.  It will continue to do it until I start burping and once I burp several times it goes away or at lease gets better.  Does anyone else have palpitations that seem to be related to bloating or gas?  I am just looking for some reassurance as this is starting to make me very nervous!  Thanks in advance for the help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline celiacruz12

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Palpitations and Bloating....????
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 03:46:40 PM »
Ive had some palpitaions due to gastritis, maybe this is what is happening to you, are you eating spicy food or foods tht upset your stomach, or maybe your laying down right after eating? This usually is what causes my palpitations after eating.
Bookmark and Share

Offline carolina girl

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »
It doesn't seem to matter what I eat or what my position is after..... I do have a good bit of heart burn all in my throat. It will feel like my throat has a blow torch sitting in it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 04:03:16 PM »
Sounds like acid reflux to me. It will typically be worse based on trigger foods, your position and time of day - nighttime before bed is usually the worst. I've experienced it lasting all day every day before though. I'd check with your doctor, they can give you very effective medication for dealing with it :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: